Too Many Drop In Ads on Gopher Football Radio Broadcasts

howilu

Reaction score
One Saturday, i was listening to the Gophers-Maryland game on my phone and to me about every few plays, Mike Grimm was reading an ad. So I was wondering are there too many drop in ads during Gopher Football broadcasts?

One Saturday, i was listening to the Gophers-Maryland game on my phone and to me about every few plays, Mike Grimm was reading an ad. So I was wondering are there too many drop in ads during Gopher Football broadcasts?

Gotta get that $$$$$$$$

Since you listened to the Maryland game today, I urge you to not listen to the Nebraska game 3 weeks from now.. Hint, (it doesn't start or end well)

Since you listened to the Maryland game today, I urge you to not listen to the Nebraska game 3 weeks from now.. Hint, (it doesn't start or end well)

I wasn't near a radio for the Nebraska game but I followed it on my smartphone and we all know what happened.

That's a trend now. Everything is sponsored by someone. "This kickoff is sponsored by...." "This fumble recovery is sponsored by....." "This fair catch is sponsored by...."

It's a way to cram more sponsor mentions into a broadcast. I know of radio stations that are doing this at the High School level. In fact, the station I work at had a deal last year where all sacks were followed by a mention of a local seed dealer. ("speaking of sacks, get your next sack of seed corn from........."). this year, they're sponsoring the halftime and post-game stats.

That's a trend now. Everything is sponsored by someone. "This kickoff is sponsored by...." "This fumble recovery is sponsored by....." "This fair catch is sponsored by...."

It's a way to cram more sponsor mentions into a broadcast. I know of radio stations that are doing this at the High School level. In fact, the station I work at had a deal last year where all sacks were followed by a mention of a local seed dealer. ("speaking of sacks, get your next sack of seed corn from........."). this year, they're sponsoring the halftime and post-game stats.

Saw you mention seed, then saw you're from Windom. I have family in Luverne, stop in Windom every time we head down there. Super America on the right side of 60 is very convenient for a quick stop and back on the road.

Saw you mention seed, then saw you're from Windom. I have family in Luverne, stop in Windom every time we head down there. Super America on the right side of 60 is very convenient for a quick stop and back on the road.

We have great friends in Luverne and I have spent a lot of time down there through the years. Luverne for some reason seems like it gets in the news far more than what one would think, based on its population. Really a nice town. I have always been impressed.

The radio station I work at is across the street from SA. If you have a minute to spare, stop in and say hi.

I used to listen to the post game show on the ride home.... I swear it was non stop ads...

Top Bottom