Gophers Prospects for 2019 NBA Draft Tracker

Lakers612

Banned
Reaction score
I just looked at some mock drafts for the 2019 NBA draft and didn't see any Gophers listed. Not entirely surprised, obviously. But with Jordan Murphy entering his final season and Amir Coffey being a potential NBA player, figured I would start a thread dedicated to their path to the draft.

I know Coach Pitino said during the Big 10 Media Day that Murphy has NBA ambitions. He has an uphill battle considering he is like a 6'6 PF. Not a lot of NBA comparisons on that front.

Coffey also has some limitations. He is 6'6 but has a 6'4 wingspan.. With the way the NBA is moving, seems like teams prefer raw athletes over skilled wingman.. If Coffey leads us to a March Madness birth, I could see him getting some love from NBA scouts though..

What do you guys think about their chances? Do you think Oturu may one day become a NBA prospect?

What do you guys think about their chances? Do you think Oturu may one day become a NBA prospect?

I know little about Oturu yet so I have no opinion on him.

Unless Murphy has a truly fabulous season, I don't see him getting drafted. However, I expect him to have a fine year and I do think he gets a Portsmouth invite and quite possibly an NBA summer league invite. If he does well enough in those venues, an undrafted free agent signing sometime next year is possible. Even if he doesn't make the NBA next year, it's not impossible that he could make in a future year.

I don't know what kind of season Coffey will have but I doubt he leaves after this year. I don't think Coffey will have done enough to be an early entry first round pick so he might as well wait until he's a senior.

Last edited:

I just looked at some mock drafts for the 2019 NBA draft and didn't see any Gophers listed. Not entirely surprised, obviously. But with Jordan Murphy entering his final season and Amir Coffey being a potential NBA player, figured I would start a thread dedicated to their path to the draft.

I know Coach Pitino said during the Big 10 Media Day that Murphy has NBA ambitions. He has an uphill battle considering he is like a 6'6 PF. Not a lot of NBA comparisons on that front.

Coffey also has some limitations. He is 6'6 but has a 6'4 wingspan.. With the way the NBA is moving, seems like teams prefer raw athletes over skilled wingman.. If Coffey leads us to a March Madness birth, I could see him getting some love from NBA scouts though..

Coffee is definitely taller than 6'6".

I'm pretty sure Coffey's wingspan is more than 6'4" as well.

Coffey needs to be able to dribble with both hands to have a shot at the NBA.
As of last year, he was way too weak with his off hand to even get close

Coffey would need to be a SG/SF. He needs strength, improved off hand dribbling, and improved 3pt stroke.
33% from college 3 impresses no one.

Top Bottom