After Today I decided to drop

Flecknation

Reaction score
after today's performance and going 0-6 in the last big ten games its official to drop season tickets. i imagine im not the only one, I think next year is going to be the lowest renewal ever im guessing the rate will be around 15k or even lower. This team isn't going anywhere with the current staffing you cannot blame the freshman at this point anymore or injures

"B-b-but.... why aren't fans selling out $25+ tickets for non-conference home games against Miami of Ohio!?! We're ELITE!!!"

after today's performance and going 0-6 in the last big ten games its official to drop season tickets. i imagine im not the only one, I think next year is going to be the lowest renewal ever im guessing the rate will be around 15k or even lower. This team isn't going anywhere with the current staffing you cannot blame the freshman at this point anymore or injures

You going to change your moniker also?

Tracy Claey's defense shut down Oregon today. Washington State is 6 -1 and ranked.

Thank you Coyle for the mess at the University. It will take 10 years to fix.

Kaler at least had the class to resign.

Claeys, Sawvill and Johnson are now at major winning programs.

Coyle thank you for getting rid of them and creating the mess you now have at the University.

Do you remember 2016 when the Gophers were 9 -4 and won a good bowl game?

Coyle thank you for getting rid of them and creating the mess you now have at the University.

Correction.... Sawvel was fired as DC this year after they got rolled by Notre Dame.

Claeys is a good DC. I don't think he's HC.

Time to move forward

Tracy Claey's defense shut down Oregon today. Washington State is 6 -1 and ranked.

Thank you Coyle for the mess at the University. It will take 10 years to fix.

Kaler at least had the class to resign.

10 years to fix? I’m thinking 15 at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Claeys is a good DC. I don't think he's HC.

Time to move forward

Claeys is a good coach, DC, HC whatever, what he might not have been as a HC are the other off field responsibilities, I haven't followed Gopher football much sense Fleck was hired, he just seemed to much of a perception kind of guy and in the real world that generally doesn't work out, still hoping he can turn it around and get me back on the bandwagon, until that happens my Saturdays are filled with other things.

Who is Johnson?

You forgot to account for the Fleck bump.

I would recommend dropping your moniker as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably not a good time for Phase III of the planned price increases.

JTG

I jumping in for the the "We don't need you!" post.

We'll have your tickets sold to a waiting buyer by this evening!

I was in Lincoln. 90,000 out to support an 0-6 team. You do what you want. It's unfortunate in a state our size, we can't get beyond fair weather fans.

I was in Lincoln. 90,000 out to support an 0-6 team. You do what you want. It's unfortunate in a state our size, we can't get beyond fair weather fans.

It is entertainment. And they aren't entertaining to watch right now. I grew up in MN and am an alumni, so I'll always cheer for our team. But I always reserve the right to turn it off and ignore the team if they are god awful. Its been that way my entire life. We've had one halfway decent coach the entire time I've been alive and that was Mase (and he had plenty of warts too). I'll come back for one game next year, but financially refuse to support this team any other way.

It was interesting to see the difference between Minnesota and Nebraska this week. Nebraska sold out their 90,000-seat stadium when they were 0-6. We couldn't sell out our 50,000-seat stadium when we were 2-0. Being in a big city hurts us but there's more to it than that. Seems like Nebraska fans know there are good things in their future while Minnesota fans know the team will find a way to mess things up. Nebraska also seemed to have a much better gameday experience compared to ours. Maybe it's just that I hear it 7 times a year in Minnesota but it seems like everything has a corporate sponsor at Minnesota and the entertainment for every TV timeout includes bringing someone down to the 20 yard line to wave to the camera with Goldy and Mark Coyle. Food was also significantly cheaper and easier to get.

The athletic department should be embarrassed with how poor attendance is and should focus on changing things. Lower prices, improve the gameday experience, improve rewards for season ticket holders, just do whatever it takes. If I was a recruit who didn't already like Minnesota, I wouldn't want to come here to play in front of empty seats.

A strong point of frustration with Gophers Football over my 20 plus years of interest has been constantly playing with promise in one game followed by a game where only an 1/8 of the game approaches watchable.

Yesterday that 1/8 was the offense for a portion of the second half. The remaining 7/8 was some really bad football. Scheme v players, players v scheme for division of blame - reserved mostly for defensive consideration - boils down to how is the DC able to adapt a scheme to his players. Yesterday was a classic if not monstrous failure.

V tOSH the better than historic speed made up some of the gap between desired scheme and available talent. That same speed seemed to get players into wrong position faster and no recovery could be made quick enough.

You think they should be winning with the freshman and all of their injuries?

Very few people on here have Season Tickets and many are quick to rip people who give them up but are very slow at ponying-up their own money to buy them.

You feel you have to drop them, it's your money and your call.

Just don't become one of the d-bags who watches the games on TV and then comes here and whines about "how bad it looks".

Very few people on here have Season Tickets and many are quick to rip people who give them up but are very slow at ponying-up their own money to buy them.

You feel you have to drop them, it's your money and your call.

Just don't become one of the d-bags who watches the games on TV and then comes here and whines about "how bad it looks".
TV angles are great. The only downside is not being able to watch the marching band. At this point, they are the main stage of a Gopher game while the football team rebuilds for the 51st time...

nm

Last edited:

It is entertainment. And they aren't entertaining to watch right now. I grew up in MN and am an alumni, so I'll always cheer for our team. But I always reserve the right to turn it off and ignore the team if they are god awful. Its been that way my entire life. We've had one halfway decent coach the entire time I've been alive and that was Mase (and he had plenty of warts too). I'll come back for one game next year, but financially refuse to support this team any other way.

Thought Mason was good. Thought Kill would have had more success given time without the health issues, but we will never know. Too bad there are only so many Bill Snyders out there.

Brewster was a complete joke and was a holding spot for assistant/coordinator types. But Brewster was smoke and mirrors fantasy. Wacker is the first coach I recall, and it seems his role was to legitimize daybreak football. Entertaining games with Purdue were not, by my imagination, good football.

Geez Beezo those closer to the program has seen a storm of bad football.

Top Bottom