Shooter: Just a matter of time before U sells naming rights to Williams Arena

BleedGopher

Reaction score

per Shooter: ...it’s just a matter of time before the University of Minnesota sells naming rights to Williams Arena...

Boy, that's some cutting edge stuff. I never clicked on the link. Sid Hartman brought this up months ago. And "it's just a matter of time" until Shooter & Sid both dry up and go away.

It makes no sense to sell naming rights to Williams Arena until the U starts raising money to renovate the arena. And "it's just a matter of time" until that happens, too.

Boy, that's some cutting edge stuff. I never clicked on the link. Sid Hartman brought this up months ago. And "it's just a matter of time" until Shooter & Sid both dry up and go away.

It makes no sense to sell naming rights to Williams Arena until the U starts raising money to renovate the arena. And "it's just a matter of time" until that happens, too.

Can we get it over with and sell naming rights to the entire university?

Can we get it over with and sell naming rights to the entire university?

The universities have already whored themselves out for a long time now. They might as well whore out for top dollar.

Corporate sponsors have contributed to the downfall of live college sporting events. Why even have a band anymore? It's much more important for a TCF sponsored "game" to be played or for a raucous crowd to be silenced for a Boston Scientific "congratulations."

What a bunch of pukes.

Told my wife last night if we won Mega Millions we'd offer the U whatever they wanted to officially name it The Barn.

Told my wife last night if we won Mega Millions we'd offer the U whatever they wanted to officially name it The Barn.

"The Barn at Williams Arena"? or just "The Barn"?

Hopefully you were vacationing in South Carolina when you had that conversation

Let's go for something really big, say $100M over 40 years or whatever.

Have that pay off the athlete's village AND a healthy down payment on a brand-new arena to replace both the Pav and Williams in one shot. Talking state of the art, 14-15k seating, huge video boards, etc. And probably would need to build volleyball a practice facility at the athletes village, so that's a few million more.

General Mills, CHS, UHG, etc.

Yeah I know, keep dreaming.

I’m hopeful the Sherwin Williams Co. will come through with a big donation.:confused:

Top Bottom