For the first time in a while...I’m done with this team

UpAndUnder43

Reaction score
I’m done being invested emotionally, financially and with my time until things change. Not even blaming Fleck. I’d fire the DC. And figure out how to get kids to play. Speechless.

Embarrassing loss to Nebraska. Not just the lost but how they lost. 383 rushing yards is absolutely brutal.

Not even sure what to say.

I’ll be back Friday watching at TCF

extremely embarrassing. I am done. No improvement, just regression

Chili Temperature: Cooled

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is not the team we saw last week. The inconsistency is very concerning.

This is not the team we saw last week. The inconsistency is very concerning.

Last week was our championship, so I am OK with the inconsistency.

I’m glad I went pheasant hunting instead of staying home and tormenting myself...

43 point per game given up on defense in 0 and 4 start Big 10. Worst part is we are going to fall In to non competitive territory real quick. These chunk plays where is one missed tackle or guy out of position and the other team scores really sucks. People even Brewster didn't average giving up over 40 points a games on defense. Gopher football, new coach, bigger money same old excuses. There are going to be less than 30,000 in the gate for Indiana Friday night game. Not really feeling elite, seems like it is time for me to tune out the RTB crap, and wait for the next rebuild. Reusse may be right Phillip J Fleck, in over his head right now. He better find some answers cause the boat is taking on water and leaking.
Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Yeah, it can get depressing, but I'm a Gopher football fan, I grind on. That's what I do.

Didn't watch a single minute of the game. DVR'd it. I'll be deleting it.

Spent about 5 minutes on Gopherhole during the game.

Life is so much better.

Inconsistency is the sign of a bad to mediocre team.

I know the Winfield excuse is a big one on this defense, but you can't go from thinking your a decent defense to what we are seeing because of the loss of one player.
That's a really bad defensive scheme if that's the way your playing your defense.
I'm not a coach, but if you put all of it on hoping your star player makes all the big plays, you are going to be prone to issues.

Trying to not have this be the case because I have loved Gopher football my whole life, but it is tough.

As the biggest Gopher fan in my group of friends, I used to lament getting text after text in the Mason, Kill, Claeys era during and after disappointing losses. Today I didn't get any. Nobody really cares anymore.

The problem is...they aren't getting better. They are getting worse. Patience ends when you start getting worse.

I know the Winfield excuse is a big one on this defense, but you can't go from thinking your a decent defense to what we are seeing because of the loss of one player.
That's a really bad defensive scheme if that's the way your playing your defense.
I'm not a coach, but if you put all of it on hoping your star player makes all the big plays, you are going to be prone to issues.

I bought the tickets a long time ago, and had not expectations, only wanting to check off Lincoln form the list, and see the Band return to the road after 22 years, so I tried not to be very invested in what happened.

but...

-horrible defense all game

-horrible offense in first half

Fleck needs to get rid of the Smith guy from Arkansas right way.

I had the good fortune of talking to woman with her disabled husband, and I and in a empty chair in in the sun up in the 600 level mez level and it was pretty great up there. Good sightlines, in sun, very devoted fans; not many noticeable empty seats, so for a winless team, the "sell out" streak looked pretty legit to me, if not acually accurate.

Lincoln was very nice and it was a great day, so I cannot be too upset but I am tempted to check out and just keep driving, now that I am back in Omaha.

It makes me nervous that we couldn’t score at Will on one of the worst defenses in the country. Now I have to hear about it for a year!

You are right Woodbury Tim, my old season ticket group, we don't talk or text anymore about Gopher football. Apathy worse than Brewster a lot will hardly notice we even played Nebraska today. I like defense, I hate where we place our linebackers and inability to wrap up tackles. I would be ebarrased about giving up 53 point this game.

Last edited:

Guys, this is where sayings like "Row the Boat" and "Elite" repeated constantly really help though. After watching the Nebraska game I reminded myself that we are in fact elite and our oars are still in the water and as Gophers we are good enough, we're smart enough and gosh darnit, people like us.

ROW THE BOAT!!!

ELITE!!!!

This. Bad on both sides of the ball today though. No running game and no points through most of the first half. One person doesn't make a team. Not sure what exactly the game plan was today when we run the ball as well as we did last week but abandon it so early in the game this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are right Woodbury Tim, my old season ticket group, we don't talk or text anymore about Gopher football. Apathy worse than Brewster a lot will hardly noce we even played Nebraska today.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Yeah that part probably sucks more than even winning and losing. I used to have a pretty good group either at every game or watching every game and I couldn't even pull together a group just to buy cheap tickets and get drunk next Friday night.

Emotionally checked out this year. I’ll be back in 2019 with fairly high expectations. Still 100% supporting Fleck. If we’re in this same spot in week eight, 12 months from now, then I’ll be concerned about this hire.

We are young though...58 of 111 are frosh. Another 21 sophomores...stay in the boat my friends!

I'll be there Friday night and I am pretty sure we will crush Indiana and most here will feel a bit better. If Indiana wins.......

To be honest, I’ll watch every minute of every game. I will never not support the gophers. But sometimes you just wish you didn’t care. Then you wake up and do it again

As a Gopher fan here in Lincoln, that was absolutely embarrassing. Plus put up with asshole Husker fan during the second half. PJ needs to get his **** together.

To be honest, I’ll watch every minute of every game. I will never not support the gophers. But sometimes you just wish you didn’t care. Then you wake up and do it again

I watch every game but sitting Omaha right now I feel pretty much like sap for caring enough to be here.

Watching Paul Cryst at Wisconsin makes me wonder if anyone knows what matters in CFB. I thought great defense, great O line play, consistent leadership, commitment to running the ball, leadership fromthe top (regents, president) ect made all the difference. Having SEC talent and no admission standards also might get it done. What do we really have at Minnesota? Will PJ can win at WMU, can he do the same thing, with the same approach in the Big Ten???????

The jury is out on PJ Fleck, but as we all know he is not fat and can pump out a lot of coach speak real fast, so that must count for something, apparently.

I should really thank MegaTongue for the 3x increase in ticket prices in a stagnant market.
At least I'm not financially committed to this baloney.

Top Bottom