For the first time in a while...I’m done with this team

As a Gopher fan here in Lincoln, that was absolutely embarrassing. Plus put up with asshole Husker fan during the second half. PJ needs to get his **** together.

I am here for you in Omaha! I can’t stand the Cornholers either.

This is not the team we saw last week. The inconsistency is very concerning.
No, Ohio State has sunk to a new low and we just thought we were better than we are.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I'm just glad I DVR'ed the game. Was able to watch it in like 30 minutes once I realized what was happening...

This wasn't the year to have expectations, but that said, good lord Robb Smith. What did you tell your defense in team meetings all week?? 653 total yards, 9 yards per GD play, 7 TDs. And you have 9 upperclassmen on defense. Can't blame it on youth, that's bad coaching and not having your players in the right spots to make plays.

I hope Annexstad is OK, but Morgan gave us a much-needed spark in the second half. He plays with a much greater sense of urgency and pocket awareness. I think he starts Friday. It's too bad the TD to Bateman early got called back, having that drive stall seemed to deflate us the rest of the half. Thought we had a great chance hen we got back within 6, then the defense lets us down.

To top it off, Indiana gave Penn State a good fight and Purdue just clobbered Ohio State. I think we'll be lucky to get 5 wins.

This wasn't the year to have expectations, but that said, good lord Robb Smith. What did you tell your defense in team meetings all week?? 653 total yards, 9 yards per GD play, 7 TDs. And you have 9 upperclassmen on defense. Can't blame it on youth, that's bad coaching and not having your players in the right spots to make plays.

I hope Annexstad is OK, but Morgan gave us a much-needed spark in the second half. He plays with a much greater sense of urgency and pocket awareness. I think he starts Friday. It's too bad the TD to Bateman early got called back, having that drive stall seemed to deflate us the rest of the half. Thought we had a great chance hen we got back within 6, then the defense lets us down.

To top it off, Indiana gave Penn State a good fight and Purdue just clobbered Ohio State. I think we'll be lucky to get 5 wins.

Good take. I do have this question for some on this board as it has come up a number of times. You mentioned 9 upperclassmen on D, many mention how young we are and how many freshman we are redshirting. So my question is are we certain that the young guys are better than the older guys? If they are not then they shouldn't play obviously. If they are, then they should be. I don't get the whole lets sit everyone and lose games for the sake of something down the road. It's a huge gamble. We honestly don't know who's staying, who's going, who will get hurt, who won't. Play your best guys regardless of age/experience. Once you start having some establishment with the program then you can redshirt guys. I get what PJ is trying to do but I sure hope these younger guys that are supposed to be so good that are redshirting are the real deal. I'm trying to think of a redshirt that he's hyped up that has been worth the hype? I'll give Coach one thing...he's got some balls to keep this path and keep Robb Smith despite what's going on. He needs to keep this team playing hard and believing.

I’m done being invested emotionally, financially and with my time until things change. Not even blaming Fleck. I’d fire the DC. And figure out how to get kids to play. Speechless.

Embarrassing loss to Nebraska. Not just the lost but how they lost. 383 rushing yards is absolutely brutal.

Not even sure what to say.

I’ll be back Friday watching at TCF

200w.jpg

Last edited:

Can I close my eyes for the last 5 games?

Couldn't help myself...

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ulxNrRLbhEw" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

So, I wrote the OP as I walked out of Memorial Stadium. I wasn't real chatty on the way out as I buried my head in my phone, scanning GopherHole, looking for something to tell me I was wrong and that wasn't embarrassing. I didn't look at much until today and man, it is still a very difficult loss to stomach.

Losing to Indiana would really really really hurt. 0-5 in the B1G, needed to go 3-1 to make a bowl game (I'm not expecting 5-7 to get us in). We'll see. I'll be invested in that game again. Please don't make me act like this. JUST WIN A DAMN CONFERENCE GAME

I told my wife after the Nebraska game I am so over Gopher football and sick of this team that I am done with them until Friday.

Now here I am, all excited because I see we offered Winfield's little brother.

Being a Gopher fan is like a disease, but I love it.

Top Bottom