What grade do you give PJ Fleck for coaching in the Nebraska game?

What grade do you give PJ Fleck for coaching in the Nebraska game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I wanted him way back when, so now to go watch the Pirate.

Interestingly they are ranked and we suck.

I gave a C. The team temporarily showed some fight. They could have given up completely down 28, I guess.

I gave a C. The team temporarily showed some fight. They could have given up completely down 28, I guess.

I know, I was thinking the same thing.
So they went from down 28, to a one score game, to only losing by 25.

As usual, we overreact. I gave him an F, but it's possible to get an F today and not be hopeless forever. Last week I gave him a B for the encouraging performance in a loss to Ohio State.

I'm no fan of PJ Fleck, but let's not act like stinking Wisconsinoids.

Sorry folks, he’s Brewster.

No evidence of in game coaching ability? Check
Excessive use of soundbites? Check
Moderately improved recruiting on paper? Check
Falls to the ground when something doesn’t go his way? Check

At least we didn’t do anything stupid like let him plaster his personal brand all over our uniforms.

Oh, never mind...

But hey, at least he’s not fat

+1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As usual, we overreact. I gave him an F, but it's possible to get an F today and not be hopeless forever. Last week I gave him a B for the encouraging performance in a loss to Ohio State.

I'm no fan of PJ Fleck, but let's not act like stinking Wisconsinoids.

The stinking Wisconsinoids have beaten us how many consecutive years now? Maybe it's time we start thinking like they do.

One of the things that needs to be mentioned about his coaching is that he had not played Morgan until the second half of the seventh game. This isn't the first game where Zach's lack of mobility has hurt us significantly. We had about 300 + yards of our 474 yards in the second half.

Yeah, if he made the switch to Morgan because it was the right thing to do and the team needed a spark that’s still an F, but if he only played him because ZA was in the hospital that’s an F-.

The fact that anyone has to even offer a grade and that this thread exists after a game like today's is kind of silly.

Ah, shrewd analysis, thanks for the correction. Sorry you failed to see my larger point.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Your attempt at a larger point wasn’t worth seeing.

Sorry folks, he’s Brewster.

No evidence of in game coaching ability? Check
Excessive use of soundbites? Check
Moderately improved recruiting on paper? Check
Falls to the ground when something doesn’t go his way? Check

At least we didn’t do anything stupid like let him plaster his personal brand all over our uniforms.

Oh, never mind...

But hey, at least he’s not fat

How old are you? 10?

After all these losses Fleck inevitably says the poor performance is “100% on him”.

...well after like 8-10 of them isn’t that effectively the same as saying “I am a bad coach”?

The fact that anyone has to even offer a grade and that this thread exists after a game like today's is kind of silly.
I do this thread every week so not doing it after a bad loss would look pretty weak.

F

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

After all these losses Fleck inevitably says the poor performance is “100% on him”.

...well after like 8-10 of them isn’t that effectively the same as saying “I am a bad coach”?

I'm about to start the PJ Bingo game. For sure one of the boxes is him say at the post game press conference "Blame Me".

I gave him a D because they were still in it late after falling way behind early, on the road. Robb Smith gets an F, he needs to go, the sooner the better.

I gave him a D because they were still in it late after falling way behind early, on the road. Robb Smith gets an F, he needs to go, the sooner the better.

Robb Smith would have gotten several F's by now.

I just posted earlier this week that PJ better not be blindly loyal to Robb Smith as that would be his down fall. After today it's 100% true. Can Robb Smith turn it around...sure, but nothing in his past tells you he will. Coach do yourself a favor and get rid of him, it's not personal it's about saving your job. Oh, and in year 2 Purdue who supposedly had less talent than the Gophers when Brohm took over just demolished tOSU and looks light years better than us. Going to be tough to get this thing turned around...again. Geez what pact with Devil did this team make so many years ago?

I voted a C. Nice play call on the fake extra point and Flecks decisions to punt or go for it on 4th down were correct. People are hard on him for his BIG record but the team is young. I am a firm believer in finding a leader that wants to be here and giving them an opportunity to build a program. If you show a leader loyalty, good things will come. Fleck believes in the right things (both off and on the field) to be the long term solution. I’ve read some comparisons between Fleck and Brewster, but it’s not a good comparison. Brewster wasn’t a leader, he was an unqualified head coach. Give Fleck some time, he is young and will get better just as his teams will.

It's an F and a I'd like to revise my grade from last week as well please as new information has become available. In all seriousness the entire team failed in the first half. Robb Smith rightly is getting a ton of blame, but Coach C's offense put up a grand total of 8 points in the first half against a bad Nebraska defense. I can't describe how confused I am about the defensive schemes and I've gotten to the point that I am worried about "T Time's" confidence for the rest of his career with how Coach Smith is using him. Let the kid just man up on somebody, that's his strength and it would help the defense. Instead you have him 8 yards off the ball and force him in to his weakness which is tackling given his frame and status as a true Freshman.

I think we can and should expect performances better than this regardless of the status of the roster. Even if last week no longer looks that impressive, this was still quite a step down in quality of play from the Gophers. Hopefully we can see at least a B grade in this poll next Friday night as that is what it will take to finally get that first conference win of the year.

Yesterday was a gut punch for me. We got behind 28-0, and then the unthinkable happened and we went on a streak and came close to tying the game, before ultimately collapsing. I gave him a D.

I still don't think he's Brewster and I think in two years we'll be back to where we were at under Claeys and still trending upward. I've been wrong many times before though. I think this team rebounds to beat Indiana at home on Friday, and then maybe we beat Illinois on the road. We need to recruit at a level so that losing a player like Winfield does not indelibly alter our defensive capabilities.

Yesterday was a gut punch for me. We got behind 28-0, and then the unthinkable happened and we went on a streak and came close to tying the game, before ultimately collapsing. I gave him a D.

I still don't think he's Brewster and I think in two years we'll be back to where we were at under Claeys and still trending upward. I've been wrong many times before though. I think this team rebounds to beat Indiana at home on Friday, and then maybe we beat Illinois on the road. We need to recruit at a level so that losing a player like Winfield does not indelibly alter our defensive capabilities.

The scary thing is that our 2019 recruiting class is ranked around #12 or 13 in the Big Ten.

The scary thing is that our 2019 recruiting class is ranked around #12 or 13 in the Big Ten.

Source? I see them at 8th just behind Wisconsin according to 24/7

Top Bottom