What grade do you give PJ Fleck for coaching in the Nebraska game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dano564

Fleck Superfan
Reaction score

One of the worst losses since Brewster. Fleck's seat is by no means warm, but he has lost significant equity with me and many in this fan base with a performance like today.

F minus, this team is brutal to watch

Sorry folks, he’s Brewster.

No evidence of in game coaching ability? Check
Excessive use of soundbites? Check
Moderately improved recruiting on paper? Check
Falls to the ground when something doesn’t go his way? Check

At least we didn’t do anything stupid like let him plaster his personal brand all over our uniforms.

Oh, never mind...

But hey, at least he’s not fat

53 points given up today not acceptable. This gets a grade of "Not Elite" only because of comeback to 6 points down. Only an inch from grade of F.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

F

Gophers might not win another game this season. Team sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

F minus, minus, minus
This was a Tim Brewster moment.

People are being awfully harsh. Fleck may be unable to win big ten games if you look at the scoreboard, but look at his record in moral victories.

I gave a D, but I feel like that was generous. Made some adjustments for a nice run to start the second half, but if he gets bonus points for adjusting, he should also get docked for not having us ready to go to start the game (as was the case in 3 of 4 B1G games). Maybe things get better when he gets more of his guys in, but he should be able to do more with what he has, in game coaching and game prep is pretty awful right now.

One thing that is bugging me a lot is the 3rd and 7 at the end of the first quarter, and we let the clock run out putting us in a situation to play an obvious passing down against the wind. I don't want to make a mountain out of a mole hill, because in the grand scheme of things, that didn't cost us the game. That said, that is something that is entirely on the coach. We put ourselves in a worse situation for absolutely no reason. It was mind-numbingly stupid. Anyone with even a passing knowledge of football would have known you would rather run that play in the first quarter.

Fleck is failing his kids on the team. He is not walking the talk and "changing his best". Fleck's seat should be getting much hotter. We have seen this act before and it ultimately ends in another firing. If he wants to stay in a Power Five school, he's got to make changes to the staff now. He is embarrassing the kids on defense. Collectively, they are not as bad as 42, 48, 30, 53 in Big Ten.

He is the HEAD coach. The first half garners a complete game F

The first sign that he was just lucky at Western Michigan is when he didn't even bring his Defensive coaches over with him. He really had no faith in them. With every loss, he's becoming more and more irritating with his robot-like SKI U MAH ROW THE BOAT GO GOPHERS junk. They ain't rowing, they drowning.

One of the things that needs to be mentioned about his coaching is that he had not played Morgan until the second half of the seventh game. This isn't the first game where Zach's lack of mobility has hurt us significantly. We had about 300 + yards of our 474 yards in the second half.

First words out of Fleck on his post-game presser will be: "This loss is on me. 100% on me."
To which every person in the pressroom should respond: "No sh!t Sherlock."

The is trending towards never going to reach Elite. I do no know about the rest of you but I'm not buying this RTB doing Elite stuff now that 0 and 4 in Big 10 play. This is turd level defensive play.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

There comes a point where you say either the schemes are terrible or the talent is terrible. And either way, those are both on the head coach. He'll get next year, but they better find a defense or his schtick will be gone.

I’ll give him a C if Robb Smith is left on the tarmac in NEB. Will be his best decision of the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We’ve outscored Nebraska by a combined score of 82-74 the last two seasons!

F. First half was horrible. The stupid fade pass on 4th and goal. Also "The Ball Is The Program" has to be more than talk. At this point all it seems to be is talk.

I went D, but feel like I'm being generous.
Only because of the 8 points end of the first half and the two scores in the third to make it a game.

The defense is atrocious and I don't know if it's scheme, players, but I have to assume both.
It's just bad.

On the positive side of things, when things are bad, they never are as bad as they seem, and when they are good, they are never as good as they seem (unless you are Alabama).

But it's painful to watch.

Do we have any good safeties in the next recruiting class?
We could use a Harrison Smith.

F. This guy trotted our a team that gave up 664 yards and 53 points to an 0-6 team that had previously lost games every way possible: Close, not close, last minute, blowouts, etc., with a loss to something called “Troy”. That’s what bad teams do; find ways to lose. We, however, made them look like The Greatest Show on Turf. PJ now 4-18 all time against Big 10 teams (and two of those wins were against IL). No running up and down the sidelines and goofy acronyms can change that. Overmatched, unprepared, and out coached today in many, many ways. F.

Top Bottom