Gophers beat Creighton in closed scrimmage

To ensure that one of our starters would get injured Davison will also trip him totally by accident and would not get a foul called for it. I hate that guy; except that if he was a Gopher I would probably love him.

No he strikes me as an AJ Pierzinski type (as per Ozzie Guillen): If he's on the other team, you hate him. If he's on your team, you hate him less.

No he strikes me as an AJ Pierzinski type (as per Ozzie Guillen): If he's on the other team, you hate him. If he's on your team, you hate him less.

Sort of like the Parkman character in the movie Major League II

This Creighton team is almost a total rebuild. They are picked by Athlon to finish 9th in the 10 team Big East, ahead of only DePaul.

Encouraging stats:
3pt shooting
Gabe's numbers
Oturu's numbers. Creighton has zero athletic bigs.

Being patient with Curry's return.

This Creighton team is almost a total rebuild. They are picked by Athlon to finish 9th in the 10 team Big East, ahead of only DePaul.

Encouraging stats:
3pt shooting
Gabe's numbers
Oturu's numbers. Creighton has zero athletic bigs.

Being patient with Curry's return.

One thing I read is that the Gophers got off to hot starts in both halves which is encouraging because it shows our starting 5 was better than theirs, which is what I expect. Looks like playing time was pretty equal for the main rotation which wouldn't happen in normal games unless it's a blowout.

I am a little surprised that Stull isn't starting over Gabe, but perhaps that means Gabe has been far better than expected.

One thing I read is that the Gophers got off to hot starts in both halves which is encouraging because it shows our starting 5 was better than theirs, which is what I expect. Looks like playing time was pretty equal for the main rotation which wouldn't happen in normal games unless it's a blowout.

I am a little surprised that Stull isn't starting over Gabe, but perhaps that means Gabe has been far better than expected.

I recall that Stull came in late (due to grad xfer) and somewhat out of shape. I'm sure that has played a part. But it's very encouraging to see Gabe put up good stats.

Top Bottom