***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT NEBRASKA IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

Stan

Reaction score
Saturday begins a critical 6 day stretch for Fleck and the Gophers. Two winnable games in the next six days should get the season back on track and heading towards a bowl game. Playing at Nebraska is never easy and these guys will be hungry for a win.

Get an early lead and take the crowd over it and limit turnovers. From there it's game on.

GET 'ER DONE FLECK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Saturday begins a critical 6 day stretch for Fleck and the Gophers. Two winnable games in the next six days should get the season back on track and heading towards a bowl game. Playing at Nebraska is never easy and these guys will be hungry for a win.

Get an early lead and take the crowd over it and limit turnovers. From there it's game on.

GET 'ER DONE FLECK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Every media prognosticators think the game is in the bag for Nebraska except for one or two. This could be a trap game. Let's git 'er done!

So who brought the Pitch Forks and Torches concession to Lincoln. It would be like printing money....

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Big game for the Gophers - if they can pull this one off I think they will make it into a minor bowl game. They can win but they will have to play their best game of the season and not make the mistakes they did vs. Ohio St. I would like to see them build off the good things they did vs. OSU and continue their solid rushing attack. Last year their RPO plays really tore up the Huskers and I expect the Gophers to try to see if that will work again. I really like the addition of Faalele to the line and he really adds some beef up front. The original line was Nebraska by 6 points but it has since moved down to 4 meaning the bettors aren't so sure of a big Nebraska win. This could be a real old fashioned brawl won or lost in the trenches and field position along with the kicking game could be vitally important. Nebraska played fairly well vs. a solid Northwestern team last week and should have won but mistakes doomed them at the end. They will come out and pull out all the stops here as they see this as a game that they should win especially at home. I think the Gophers need to establish the running game early and maybe get some points early and that will help in a good way in the hostile environment. Should be a good game and I am looking forward to seeing it today!

Big game for the Gophers - if they can pull this one off I think they will make it into a minor bowl game. They can win but they will have to play their best game of the season and not make the mistakes they did vs. Ohio St. I would like to see them build off the good things they did vs. OSU and continue their solid rushing attack. Last year their RPO plays really tore up the Huskers and I expect the Gophers to try to see if that will work again. I really like the addition of Faalele to the line and he really adds some beef up front. The original line was Nebraska by 6 points but it has since moved down to 4 meaning the bettors aren't so sure of a big Nebraska win. This could be a real old fashioned brawl won or lost in the trenches and field position along with the kicking game could be vitally important. Nebraska played fairly well vs. a solid Northwestern team last week and should have won but mistakes doomed them at the end. They will come out and pull out all the stops here as they see this as a game that they should win especially at home. I think the Gophers need to establish the running game early and maybe get some points early and that will help in a good way in the hostile environment. Should be a good game and I am looking forward to seeing it today!
Hear! Hear! We cannot let up. We need to take the momentum from last week and get our team to W side.

I'm optimistic about this game for once.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Hopefully, the Gophers will figure out a way to stretch the field because the Cornhuskers defense are going to come after ZA like an angry stirred hornets nest.

Martinez's running ability is going to be that extra threat that will be a headache all day. I am rooting for an upset.

May be a bit dramatic this early on but I feel this is somewhat of a crossroads game for Fleck’s Gophers coaching career. You lose this game and that 6th win becomes a very hard one to get with the remaining schedule. There’s also the fact that beyond this season, as long as Frost is there Nebraska will be a player in the West on the field and on the recruiting trail so it’s vital we beat them while they are down. Already seeing it with Benhart, Nance, Newsom and will again next year with Lockett and Johnson that the two coaching staffs are going to be crossing paths quite a bit moving forward. Whether they are winless or not winning this game will lead to an easier offseason on the trail. Big game and hope we pull it off. Go Gophers!

Why is it that Benhart appears to not give the time of the day to PJ Fleck and the Gophers? He has everything in his hometown Gophers to be successful and make it to the Pros.

Why is it that Benhart appears to not give the time of the day to PJ Fleck and the Gophers? He has everything in his hometown Gophers to be successful and make it to the Pros.

He doesn't like PJs style. We were out of the race before we even started

He doesn't like PJs style. We were out of the race before we even started

PJ and the entire coaching staff should do an all out full court with Bryce Benhart and his parents. Maybe there is a possibility of a change of heart especially if the Gophers can pull an upset today.

No turn overs and we win, period. The whole Nebraska hype is just that, hype. They are a terrible team.

Pep band currently playing Thr Rouser on the rooftop at Barry’s.

Gameday crew (Desmond, Kirk, Lee & Guest Picker Drew Bledsoe) all picked Nebraska.

May be a bit dramatic this early on but I feel this is somewhat of a crossroads game for Fleck’s Gophers coaching career. You lose this game and that 6th win becomes a very hard one to get with the remaining schedule. There’s also the fact that beyond this season, as long as Frost is there Nebraska will be a player in the West on the field and on the recruiting trail so it’s vital we beat them while they are down. Already seeing it with Benhart, Nance, Newsom and will again next year with Lockett and Johnson that the two coaching staffs are going to be crossing paths quite a bit moving forward. Whether they are winless or not winning this game will lead to an easier offseason on the trail. Big game and hope we pull it off. Go Gophers!

Extremely dramatic.

According to Sports Reference, Brooks will not play. Terrell and O.J. Smith are questionable.

Internet says 20 mph wind. Watching the morning games like Iowa, it's gotta be a factor. Help us or hurt us? Got to think it helps us a little with them being the more high flying offense.

Internet says 20 mph wind. Watching the morning games like Iowa, it's gotta be a factor. Help us or hurt us? Got to think it helps us a little with them being the more high flying offense.

Very windy down on the field

Punting and kicking into the wind will be an issue, judging by warmups.

Top Bottom