MN Daily: Coughlin's seven sacks lead the Big Ten

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the Daily:

Minnesota defensive end Carter Coughlin leads the Big Ten Conference and is No. 5 in the NCAA with seven solo sacks in the first six games. He had one of his best performances of the season with a two-sack, seven-tackle game against No. 2 Ohio State last week.

“Last week, I think a big part of it was seeing the D-line kind of click from a pass-rush perspective," Coughlin said. "Going into the next six games of the season, I'm really excited to see where that takes us."

Coughlin is not the largest guy on the field, listed at 6 foot 4 inches and 245 pounds. The average size of a Football Bowl Subdivision offensive lineman in 2018 is 305.4 pounds. Coughlin uses his speed and quick movement off the line to get around the slower, bigger players trying to keep him from the quarterback.

He said every time he gets a sack, he was taught by pass-rush coach Marcus West to forget about it and move on.

"Going into this week I need to wipe it clean, whatever I've done in the past. And shoot for as many [sacks] as I can get," Coughlin said.

http://www.mndaily.com/article/2018/10/s-coughlins-seven-sacks-lead-the-big-ten

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom