U of M athletic director receives $290,000 in bonus pay

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Pioneer Press:

University of Minnesota athletic director Mark Coyle received a total of $290,000 in bonus pay in his first two years on the job, the U disclosed this week.

Since he was hired in May 2016, Coyle has received an $850,000 salary and a $100,000 retirement contribution each year.

In addition, his contract calls for Coyle and President Eric Kaler to agree on a plan for “incentive compensation” based on the in-class and on-field performance of student-athletes and Coyle’s achievement of compliance and management goals.

In 2017, Coyle received the maximum $150,000 his contract allows for, the U said. Last year’s bonus was $140,000.

http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/sp...m-athletic-director-receives-290000-bonus-pay

Go Gophers!!

Fleck is lining Coyle pockets with cash.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Wow. I definitely went into the wrong line of work. That's insane.

I assume none of these bonuses were tied to the performance of revenue sports teams.

How on earth can Coyle get a bonus when Gopher football is at it's lowest point since Brewster was fired? Season tickets for football will drop again next year. Coyle hasn't finished raising the money yet for the athletic village either. Just amazing that ineptitude can be rewarded this way.

Top Bottom