STrib: Gophers defense is after the big prize — turnovers

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Randy:

The Miami Hurricanes have their turnover chain, a thick gold necklace that features a bejeweled U logo hanging from it. It is presented on the sideline to the player who takes the ball away from an opponent, and it has started a trend of imitators in college football.

Florida State, for example, has a turnover backpack. Tulane has Christmas ornament-sized turnover beads. And, in what might be the best of all, Memphis has a Ric Flair Turnover Robe.

Might something similar be coming to a Dinkytown near you?

“Our team has approached me,” Gophers coach P.J. Fleck said during Tuesday’s Big Ten teleconference. “They have some ideas they brought me. I just told them, ‘If we’re going to do anything, guys, it’s going to be as a team. It’s going to be as a defensive unit.’ ”

Problem is for the Gophers, they need to start taking the ball away from opponents to make any turnover prop worthwhile.

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-defense-is-after-the-big-prize-turnovers/497986281/

Go Gophers!!

Here's an idea.

If the defense starts winning the turnover battle especially at the end of the regular season, they get to wave a giant axe around Camp Randall.

I vote for a symbolic Jucy Lucy that is passed around to the latest turnover artist.

Top Bottom