STrib: Four-star forward Tray Jackson no longer committed to Gophers hoops

Repetitive messaging is necessary in the cacophony that we live in. It can also reach saturation and overkill. You're beyond that point.

Like I said in an earlier post, @builtbadgers literally repeats the same few phrases over and over and over. Those of us who dont agree are "accepting losing" and "staying behind UW". Its gonna be a loooong off-season with this "Gophers supporter" on here. ?

He knows he can get some serious minutes here. That would be incredible if we got him back.
Jackson averaged 3 points and 2 rebounds per game. He's transferring because he can't get minutes at Mizzou.

I don't know if "incredible" is the word I would use if he came here.

Jackson averaged 3 points and 2 rebounds per game. He's transferring because he can't get minutes at Mizzou.

I'd go a step further. If he couldn't get minutes on that Mizzou team, I don't want him here taking up a scholarship that could be better used on a higher impact player. I think this is a case of HM to MM school if I've ever seen one.

I think we've seen what wasting scholarships on marginal players does to a program... (ie Grenlee, Hurt, Demir, Freeman (jury still out to be fair). We can't afford to be tossing out more scholarships to players we don't think are going to be high impact if we want to get out of the B1G cellar.

Well he was just a freshman.

You could be right. But he also played on a roster with 7 forwards of similar size. Ihnen had a similar stat line last year, but I see a lot of potential. With Curry’s status in question we’re desperate for some depth there. I think I’d be excited to see how he works out.

Like I said in an earlier post, @builtbadgers literally repeats the same few phrases over and over and over. Those of us who dont agree are "accepting losing" and "staying behind UW". Its gonna be a loooong off-season with this "Gophers supporter" on here. ?
Put on ignore. You may in fact not be comfortable losing , i am very uncomfortable finishing behind UW every single year. Not even once has Pitino finished ahead of UW !

Cue response from Built....."You may enjoy winning a single game against a rival, but I'm more concerned with conference titles, top 4 finishes, having an identity."

??????

The toughies are getting mad at built again. Uh oh.
Just name calling, even my handle name bugs some people. Facts are despised when they take any shine off of what some think are a storied program. Key tapping insults are harmless, most i simply do not read or i ignore as i am only interested in basketball insights,information observation. I am pretty old by calender so 70 plus years removed into name calling. Hell, some have been invited to my seats or pregame to actually meet. Some had wagers with me.

If we get this guy and Oturu leaves have we thought of just starting Ihnen at the 4 and this guy or someone of similar size (Curry, Jarvis?) at the 5 and go all in on playing a smaller line up? I know rebounding might not be pretty, but it seems smarter to just try to get as much talent as possible on the floor rather than taking a flyer on a player of the level of someone like Demir because of positional fit?

If we get this guy and Oturu leaves have we thought of just starting Ihnen at the 4 and this guy or someone of similar size (Curry, Jarvis?) at the 5 and go all in on playing a smaller line up? I know rebounding might not be pretty, but it seems smarter to just try to get as much talent as possible on the floor rather than taking a flyer on a player of the level of someone like Demir because of positional fit?
It's an interesting take. Rebounding would be an issue, but our guards are above average in that category (especially Carr). If Gabe gets his groove back you might be on to something...especially if Garza and Jalen Smith are out of the B1G.

Why do you make such a stupid comment? You know damn well that the Pitino backers support him because they see potential and not because they accept a losing record!
No, I think it's because you accept a losing record.

How many friggin times have I heard you and/or yours repeat some version of "but we've sucked for years! Pitino isnt really any worse than (insert name of previous losers here)."

Thinking more about this situation, it seems unlikely Pitino and Co would go after Jackson (again). Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me?

Thinking more about this situation, it seems unlikely Pitino and Co would go after Jackson (again). Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me?

Probably wouldn't be a priority, I prefer Ihnen anyway but he would still be a great depth pickup if he was interested.

Tend to agree. Do you want a kid who commits to your school then decommits, plays at another school for a year and then wants to transfer. I’d be wary.

Last edited:

Gabe and Willis are not above average rebounding guards. Carr yes, those 2 no.

Not sure why a player transferring out of a program because he’s essentially a depth guy in search of bigger minutes would be enticed to another school to be....a depth guy.

I did qualify with an "if he was interested", I would think there is almost no chance the Gophers are a landing point for him.

Udeze si, si.

Why do you make such a stupid comment? You know damn well that the Pitino backers support him because they see potential and not because they accept a losing record! It is obvious that you disagree in that potential, but there is no need to get nasty about it. This is a just another typical example of why you take so much flake for fanning the flame while claiming to be so innocent.

His winning conference records were in the two conference that typically only get 2-3 teams in the tourney. You know that is not a direct comparison to the B1G.

It's all about Built's insecurities. He is a "fan" of Gopher hoops, but can disdain it at the same time, to feel superior to us.

Wowza lot going on under that hood??.

Top Bottom