STrib: Four-star forward Tray Jackson no longer committed to Gophers hoops

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Marcus:

Sunrise Christian Academy (Kan.) four-star 2019 forward Tray Jackson reneged on his commitment to the Gophers on Friday, he announced on his Twitter account.

Jackson, a consensus top-100 prospect, committed to Minnesota on Sept. 10 following his official visit to the U’s campus. He also considered Seton Hall, Oklahoma, Oregon, Missouri and Purdue.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

http://www.startribune.com/four-sta...-longer-committed-to-gophers-hoops/498078841/

Go Gophers!!

Absolutely no good news on the recruiting news front. 4 open scholarships and no prospects. What is going on with the recruiting. Please don't bring back gas & Bakary

per Marcus:

Sunrise Christian Academy (Kan.) four-star 2019 forward Tray Jackson reneged on his commitment to the Gophers on Friday, he announced on his Twitter account.

Jackson, a consensus top-100 prospect, committed to Minnesota on Sept. 10 following his official visit to the U’s campus. He also considered Seton Hall, Oklahoma, Oregon, Missouri and Purdue.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

http://www.startribune.com/four-sta...-longer-committed-to-gophers-hoops/498078841/

Go Gophers!!
Is he afraid he wouldn’t find any playing time?

Dont mind me. Just pulling up a chair and snacking on popcorn.....

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Absolutely no good news on the recruiting news front. 4 open scholarships and no prospects. What is going on with the recruiting. Please don't bring back gas & Bakary

Perhaps for the time being we have to go after junior college and D1 transfers (especially grads) in the spring. If we have a good year, we should be able to pick up some. Based on the brief evidence from the scrimmage, we appear to have a pretty good freshman class this year.

Verbal Commits states that he committed to Missouri on 10/20/18, one day after this tweet.

Verbal Commits states that he committed to Missouri on 10/20/18, one day after this tweet.

Yeah it wasn’t really reopening his recruitment, he pretty much immediately flipped to Missouri, I think the same day he backed out of his commitment here.

Yeah it wasn’t really reopening his recruitment, he pretty much immediately flipped to Missouri, I think the same day he backed out of his commitment here.

You have to hand it to the Missouri coaching staff who didn’t give up on their pursuit of Jackson. Hopefully a good lesson learned by Pitino.

Keep going after him. If he changes his mind once, he can change it again.

What lesson did Pitino learn from this? I'm pretty sure he knows the recruiting game. He locked down his recruit, what's he supposed to do tell every coach in the nation you cant recruit him anymore? Get a clue!

What lesson did Pitino learn from this? I'm pretty sure he knows the recruiting game. He locked down his recruit, what's he supposed to do tell every coach in the nation you cant recruit him anymore? Get a clue!

Obviously he didn’t “lock down his recruit” as you suggested. He received a verbal but another program who was aggressively pursuing him got him to flip. Not saying this doesn’t happen in college b-ball or that Pitino should have told Mizzuo to step away, just theorizing that maybe we didn’t stay close enough to him after we received the verbal. Maybe we did and despite that he still flipped. Maybe that’s an opportunity we can make with another recruit who commits someplace else and we still might have a chance.

He just heard that Hurt was going to commit this week and figured he'd get little play.

Obviously he didn’t “lock down his recruit” as you suggested. He received a verbal but another program who was aggressively pursuing him got him to flip. Not saying this doesn’t happen in college b-ball or that Pitino should have told Mizzuo to step away, just theorizing that maybe we didn’t stay close enough to him after we received the verbal. Maybe we did and despite that he still flipped. Maybe that’s an opportunity we can make with another recruit who commits someplace else and we still might have a chance.

Obviously you don’t know what happen! Maybe he got so excited by his U visit that he “flipped” to the U from where he was originally planning to go and then the excitement wore off while he was back home? We will never know, we do know that Pitino doesn’t want a kid that doesn’t truly want to play here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You are right, I said Pitino locked him down and that's clearly not the case. Unfortunately, Missouri or whoever continued to recruit him and I'm sure they bashed the minnesota program. I'm sure Pitino did everything he is allowed to do to keep him. I'm sure he or one of the other coaches talked to him once a week.

He knows he can get some serious minutes here. That would be incredible if we got him back.

Seems like an athletic 4. We have Ihnen there. Beyond Carr, he's our best returning player. Unless one of them can play the 3 (or 5, I suppose), there may not be that many minutes available to him. Ihnen looks like he might be able to play the 3. I have no idea about Tray.

Fascinating to see the Mizzou faithful turning on Cuonzo. Their two highest rated recruits the last two years have bailed. Sharks are in the water down there.

Seems like an athletic 4. We have Ihnen there. Beyond Carr, he's our best returning player. Unless one of them can play the 3 (or 5, I suppose), there may not be that many minutes available to him. Ihnen looks like he might be able to play the 3. I have no idea about Tray.

Fascinating to see the Mizzou faithful turning on Cuonzo. Their two highest rated recruits the last two years have bailed. Sharks are in the water down there.
Majority want him fired but he has won .407 % of his conference games in 3 years of a massive rebuild. Plus he was over .500 in two previous power 6 jobs with a 2nd and a 3 rd place finish. He would get at least 6 more years here with that record.

Majority want him fired but he has won .407 % of his conference games in 3 years of a massive rebuild. Plus he was over .500 in two previous power 6 jobs with a 2nd and a 3 rd place finish. He would get at least 6 more years here with that record.
Why do you make such a stupid comment? You know damn well that the Pitino backers support him because they see potential and not because they accept a losing record! It is obvious that you disagree in that potential, but there is no need to get nasty about it. This is a just another typical example of why you take so much flake for fanning the flame while claiming to be so innocent.

His winning conference records were in the two conference that typically only get 2-3 teams in the tourney. You know that is not a direct comparison to the B1G.

Repetitive messaging is necessary in the cacophony that we live in. It can also reach saturation and overkill. You're beyond that point.

hitting the point of being embarrassing man

Top Bottom