Glen Mason on recognizing recent stars

UpAndUnder43

Reaction score
Mason was on with Barreiro yesterday. They talked at length about the lack of in-stadium recognition for recent standout players. Mason specifically mentioned Outland Trophy and Rimington Award winner Greg Eslinger, Jim Thorpe award winner Tyrone Carter and Mackey Award winner Matt Spaeth.

You don't see much mentioned about them in the stadium, considering they won prestigious, national awards. I understand you can't recognize every achievement but since the gap between great success and now is 50+ years it would be nice to recognize some of the greatest players in program history.

Not sure what they could do but I agree with Mason on this. Maybe hang some banners around the stadium?

Their trophies and accolades are in the front of the player's locker room. Saw that on a recent stadium tour (thanks Gopher Loyalty Program!)

Mason was on with Barreiro yesterday. They talked at length about the lack of in-stadium recognition for recent standout players. Mason specifically mentioned Outland Trophy and Rimington Award winner Greg Eslinger, Jim Thorpe award winner Tyrone Carter and Mackey Award winner Matt Spaeth.

You don't see much mentioned about them in the stadium, considering they won prestigious, national awards. I understand you can't recognize every achievement but since the gap between great success and now is 50+ years it would be nice to recognize some of the greatest players in program history.

Not sure what they could do but I agree with Mason on this. Maybe hang some banners around the stadium?
There are banners around the stadium

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Banners in the concourse

Every single one of them has a big banner in the concourse.

There’s is an eslinger and spaeth banner in the concourse near my section

Top Bottom