Western Michigan WR commit who flipped to Gophers?

I pulled this from an old thread and updated for anyone curious.

These were the listed decommits we had for that class.
Some were while Claeys was coach.
Some were transfers that appeared non-coach related.
Then there are some that were perhaps suggested by the new coach.

While Claeys was coach
Kyrei Fisher--Arkansas Claeys Arkansas Went to Ark. Played two games. Transferred.
Jacquaris Landrews--Miss St Claeys Miss St Redshirted Jr Season
Corey Gaynor--U Miami Claeys Miami Center- played in 10 games in 2017. Saw action in one this year.

Presumed to have flipped on their own
Bryson Jackson--Baylor non-coach Baylor LB - Redshirted 2017
Trey Creamer--Iowa non-coach Iowa DB - Redshirted freshman
Raheem Layne--Indiana non-coach Indiana 2017 IU Defensive newcomer of the year

Perhaps suggested
Joshua Croslen--Houston lean Perhaps suggested Bowling Green Played 12 games 2017
Javan Hawes--Cincinnnati Perhaps suggested Cincy WR - Played as backup in 8 games in 2017
Claudin Cherelus--UMass Perhaps suggested Umass 2017 - Redshirted
Brett Kitrell--Ohio U Perhaps suggested Ohio U Starting center as a sophomore
Jimmie Terry--? Perhaps suggested So Miss On roster not on two deeps. Senior
Jakyle Holmes--? Perhaps suggested ULM Not on two deeps.

I'm not sure why it matters whether we call it Fleck's first class. Claeys class. Fleck and Claeys class. Etc.
We know Claeys started the recruiting. Fleck finished it during the last few weeks.
Many variables so any comparisons would be pretty tough to make with the changing facilities, changing recruiting timelines, etc.

Fleck was the HC on signing day so it's his class. But everyone should be able to acknowledge that he had a grand total of 1 month to assemble it so it wasn't going to be ideal...

I'm not backhanding my point is Fleck does, learn to read

When does he backhand these players? Does he consider it his first full recruiting class? No and he shouldn't.

He brought who he thought was P5 talent over from Western Michigan and filled out the rest of the class with what he could. He probably thinks he could have brought in more talent if he would have had more than a month to recruit. And so far, this year's true freshman appear to have more talent because he did have a year to recruit.

He signed all but four instate players that he would have offered anyways

Based on what? He doesn't take every instate player available. At this point it seems like a long shot that London or Ryerse will play here. That could be true of Bursch as well.

Top Bottom