Gophers listed as 2nd in line for first time host of College Game Day

BleedGopher

Reaction score
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

per Randy:

U on deck, ‘Bear’ says

ESPN’s “College GameDay’’ will visit Washington State for the first time on Saturday, when the No. 25 Cougars are host to No. 12 Oregon. That leaves 11 Power Five programs that haven’t been host to “GameDay.” Chris Fallica, the researcher known as “the Bear’’ on the show, on Twitter listed in order the teams that he believes will be then next first-timers to host: Iowa State, Minnesota, Maryland, Duke, Virginia, Wake Forest, California, Syracuse, Illinois, Kansas and Rutgers.

http://www.startribune.com/big-ten-...-ohio-state-awarded-key-first-down/497750051/

Go Gophers!!

We don't want them blocking the library anyway.....

you%2Bpeople%2Bare%2Bblocking%2Bthe%2Blibrary.png

Honestly though I don't care about college game day. Most sports media just sucks anyhow, I don't bother watching it, there's little to no insight or knowledge there. *shrug*

I want them to come here, only because it'll mean we're semi-relevant on a national stage.

Honestly though I don't care about college game day. Most sports media just sucks anyhow, I don't bother watching it, there's little to no insight or knowledge there. *shrug*

Man, I disagree. I think Game Day is awesome.

Wife and I watch Game Day every Saturday that we are home. She is usually up before me and turns it on. Great background noise, some interesting human interest pieces and I do like the signs.

Do they go to cold places, or is it more likely this will happen next season?

Do they go to cold places, or is it more likely this will happen next season?

Well it's definitely not going to happen this year, our team is bad and has no relevant home games left in 2018. But they don't shy away from cold-weather games late in the year, as long as they're relevant.

The only way I see this happening is if they win the next four games. It will be the Northwestern game then. But, it is more likely sometime next year depending on their record.

It would help if:

1. We were better and won more games
2. The Big Ten West had more relevant teams
3. We won more.

I personally don't care if Game day is here. Our fans are scattered all over the place. I don't see our fans coming together in a particular spot where the cameras are. We're just not in to that sort of thing as a whole.

I personally don't care if Game day is here. Our fans are scattered all over the place. I don't see our fans coming together in a particular spot where the cameras are. We're just not in to that sort of thing as a whole.

We are far more sophisticated than other fan bases and we have other things to do than to celebrate "celebrities" who talk about football. We have the arts, music, shopping, lakes, bow hunting, concerts and so much more. Leave game day for the small towns who need it to boost their local economies.

Other colleges send their graduates to work in our city.

We don't need gameday.

Can't believe Iowa State hasn't had it, all I've heard about is how good they are

Champaign will never host. Can you imagine that? Like five computer science geeks would be on hand with signs saying "Yay sportsball!"

I loathe College GameDay, from the first note of the opening theme music all the way to Corso's headgear pick. I stopped watching it years ago and wouldn't attend if it did come to campus, but I hope we get it someday since it would mean the team is winning.

I predict it will be the 2021 opener vs Ohio State.

The first time Game Day will be in MN, will be Collegeville, MN.

Duke, Maryland, and Cal all seem like they would be ahead. I could see the Gophers near the top with the Cyclones if they are trying to get around to some of these teams that have never had it, if they have early season success, and have an interesting early season matchup. I'd think they'd want to hit us early before the $hit weather sets in.

Oh, good one.

I suppose it's the Jimmy's vs. the Jeffy's.

SC came for the Johnnie/Tommie game a cpl of years ago. They picked the game last weekend on Game Day. They show a hell of a lot more interest in that than anything The Gophers are involved in.

I’ll alert Pat Reusse, he’ll dedicate a column.

Last edited:

Ignore this. Wisconsin is on the road.

Most likely:

Next year 10/12 Nebraska and 11/9 PSU if both teams entered with fewer than two losses.

2021 9/4 vs OSU if Gophers end 2020 ranked. 10/9 Wisconsin if both teams have fewer than two losses.

The Library closed down last year so no worries

I want them to come here, only because it'll mean we're semi-relevant on a national stage.

Apparently all but 11 teams have done this so I’m not sure it even means that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you were ESPN, where would you set up:

If front of Northrop, or in front of Coffman... or somewhere else?

If you were ESPN, where would you set up:

If front of Northrop, or in front of Coffman... or somewhere else?

Oak Street, between Mariucci and TCF. A view of the big M on the scoreboard in the background of the main shots.

Last edited:

Top Bottom