Gophers listed as 2nd in line for first time host of College Game Day

Love Game Day. It’s become part of Saturday tradition. Most of the hosts are inoffensive, a few are really good. Love the guests, the interest pieces, the humor and the national coverage. When Corso finally goes (could be awhile) something will be lost for sure.

The team has to have an interesting matchup and at least give the appearance of being good (start 7-0 or something) before it’s going to happen.

Love Game Day. It’s become part of Saturday tradition. Most of the hosts are inoffensive, a few are really good. Love the guests, the interest pieces, the humor and the national coverage. When Corso finally goes (could be awhile) something will be lost for sure.

The team has to have an interesting matchup and at least give the appearance of being good (start 7-0 or something) before it’s going to happen.
Corso is like Sid. Past his prime, should retire, and you just can't stop watching the guy...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

This makes sense. When Minnesota does well, ESPN does give some good attention to the Gophers. In recent memory, they were positive about Coach Kill's work, especially the 2014 season. Considering the size of the Twin Cities and the fact that we're a Big Ten school with historic rivalries, ESPN is probably just waiting to pounce as soon as the Gophers get really good and go on a hot streak.

Oak Street, between Mariucci and TCF. A view of the big M on the scoreboard in the background of the main shots.

Plaza in front of Northrop would be the best option in my opinion. Gameday isn't always near the stadium.

November 9th 2019 - Vs Penn State.

Schedule leading up to that.
South Dakota State
At Fresno State
Georgia Southern
At Purdue
Illinois
Nebraska
At Rutgers

Then Penn State

Not a horrifically difficult schedule for the Gophers and if the team is good, that could be a 6-2 / 7-1, dare hope for an 8-0 team at that point.

Corso is like Sid. Past his prime, should retire, and you just can't stop watching the guy...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Yeah, the stroke really impacted him but I think he’s still entertaining.

Top Bottom