Craig James replaces Jalen Myrick on Vikings practice squad

Dang. And I was thinking that Myrick had a shot to be called up to the active roster.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Dang. And I was thinking that Myrick had a shot to be called up to the active roster.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

It's not over yet. Vikings seem to rotate quite a few different players through the practice squad over the course of the season. Hopefully he gets brought back at some point.

Good to see a guy getting a second chance after killing 5 hookers at SMU. This just in...that's a different Craig James.

Good to see a guy getting a second chance after killing 5 hookers at SMU. This just in...that's a different Craig James.

Yes, this Craig James is the former Gopher CB, who also returned punts, who for some reason decided to transfer to Southern Illinois sometime after the 2014 or 2015 season.

James was a good athlete who was getting some playing time, and also was the primary punt returner for quite a while.

Craig James was a very promising player at Minnesota, at a time when Minnesota had a lot of quality DBs.

My recollection is that I was real pissed of at the Citrus Bowl when that undersized WR from Kansas (forgot his name), who never did much inherited the punt return job because Craig James was injured, and he promptly made a boneheaded play late in the game that allowed Missouri to turn the fortunes, and what was a close game became a 17-33 loss.

That other Craig James is a total POS dick; he cost Mike Leach his job at TT with the "locked in a shed" lie that he and his worthless, coddled son cooked up. Neither one is doing squat now. James left ESPN to start his political career and lost (in Texas of all places)

Last edited:

Myrick is back on Vikings Practice Squad as of today...

Top Bottom