Report: Nick Bosa will sit the remainder of the season, focus on NFL Draft

UpAndUnder43

Reaction score
Tim May of the Columbus Dispatch reporting Bosa will not be returning to the Buckeyes this season.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Was there a good chance he wasn't going to be able to play the rest of the year? Or at least never get to 100%?

Was there a good chance he wasn't going to be able to play the rest of the year? Or at least never get to 100%?

Not sure that is public info. You'd think he could just rehab an injury until the season ended then leave?

he had an ab injury and sounds like IF he was able to get back it would be end of year, possibly the bowl game

and the times, they are a'changing.

put this into the same category as guys who announced publicly they're going to skip a bowl game because they don't want to get hurt and affect their draft status.

teammates - bleep 'em. It's all about me.

Not sure that is public info. You'd think he could just rehab an injury until the season ended then leave?

If he is no longer a part of the Ohio State program he can have contact with agents, receive payments from agents, get payment for autographs, etc

Without putting Ohio State at risk

and the times, they are a'changing.

put this into the same category as guys who announced publicly they're going to skip a bowl game because they don't want to get hurt and affect their draft status.

teammates - bleep 'em. It's all about me.

He had abdominal tear surgery 9/20. That's pretty serious and prone to re-injury. Why would he risk it?

Stop talking out your arse.

He had abdominal tear surgery 9/20. That's pretty serious and prone to re-injury. Why would he risk it?

Stop talking out your arse.

He may in fact be done for the season. fine, injuries happen. But why does he have to make a public statement about it? He can rehab his injury and focus on the NFL draft without making a statement. On some level, I think it does send a message.

Why not come out and say something like, "I love Ohio State and my teammates. I wish I was healthy and could help them win a National Title. But given the nature of my injury, it's highly unlikely that I'll be able to return to the team this year, and I am shifting my focus to getting healthy and planning for my future." I think that would put him in a much better light.

He may in fact be done for the season. fine, injuries happen. But why does he have to make a public statement about it? He can rehab his injury and focus on the NFL draft without making a statement. On some level, I think it does send a message.

Why not come out and say something like, "I love Ohio State and my teammates. I wish I was healthy and could help them win a National Title. But given the nature of my injury, it's highly unlikely that I'll be able to return to the team this year, and I am shifting my focus to getting healthy and planning for my future." I think that would put him in a much better light.

Ummm, what?

short ornery is correct. He may in fact be out for longer than the season extends, but this is more than that.

If he is no longer a part of the Ohio State program he can have contact with agents, receive payments from agents, get payment for autographs, etc

Without putting Ohio State at risk

Good point. However, he likely doesn't need money from agents, autographs, etc. Seems like a bum move since he will be making millions soon. Oh well, doesn't really matter to me. Won't see Ohio State play again until the end of November.

Re-injury cab possibly affect his draft status. Quite a lot of difference in money from being a first rounder to other rounds.

Is it possible then that he can side step the pressure from Urban Meyer to accelerate his return?

Last edited:

Thought I read it was a groin tear. Probably smart to sit out and heal.

I don't think your quote and the situation are different ... at all..

That would be, by definition, making a public statement about it.

Good point. However, he likely doesn't need money from agents, autographs, etc. Seems like a bum move since he will be making millions soon. Oh well, doesn't really matter to me. Won't see Ohio State play again until the end of November.

I'm sure his brother could front him a few bucks if needed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom