Happy Anniversary Coach Brewster

Cold game, but wild wild wild game.

It was great to see the kids having fun that night after a long period of frustration.

You could just feel the Gophers were sure to win it....

Was it cold that day? I am thinking of the game vs Iowa on a sunny day in 2011. Crawford-Tufts had a long reception but I remember McKnight vs McNutt (Iowa) and Gray’s sweep to the right pylon to win. Same game?

Was it cold that day? I am thinking of the game vs Iowa on a sunny day in 2011. Crawford-Tufts had a long reception but I remember McKnight vs McNutt (Iowa) and Gray’s sweep to the right pylon to win. Same game?

Different game. He is referring to the last game of the season when Horton coached. It was Weber's last game.

I am very surprised so many Gopher fans remember him so well. You are all taking the high road and I can respect that. You are good people.

I am very surprised so many Gopher fans remember him so well. You are all taking the high road and I can respect that. You are good people.

GopherHolers should never forget that Brew behaved with dignity and class after he was fired. He didn't complain that he was treated unfairly, and as far I know, he has always made positive comments about the U and his time in Minnesota.

GopherHolers should never forget that Brew behaved with dignity and class after he was fired. He didn't complain that he was treated unfairly, and as far I know, he has always made positive comments about the U and his time in Minnesota.

I'm not sure if I've ever heard him talk, good or bad, about his time at Minnesota since he was fired.

I'm not sure if I've ever heard him talk, good or bad, about his time at Minnesota since he was fired.

Just remember after he was fired, We went and won 2 straight to end the season at Illinois and iowa. I recall him sending Weber a text to " go kick some butt" at Illinois.

He was loony and not a great coach but he was passionate and loved people. He genuinely cared for his players and never spoke badly about MN after the fact.

Just remember after he was fired, We went and won 2 straight to end the season at Illinois and iowa. I recall him sending Weber a text to " go kick some butt" at Illinois.

He was loony and not a great coach but he was passionate and loved people. He genuinely cared for his players and never spoke badly about MN after the fact.

He tweeted a few times supporting the Gophers in big games, especially Wisconsin. I think he stopped because he would get trolled by loser Gopher fans.

As some mock Brewster, it is worth noting that right about now in his second year was his highpoint. 7-1 and ranked going into Northwestern. Even then he went to bowls in year 2 and 3. We'll see if Fleck can match. A win today would go a long way.

Brewster may not have been a great head coach, but he was not an evil person. It ended poorly, and that is what people remember. As Winnepeg noted, in his second season, Brewster's team was 7-1 and ranked. he went to bowls in back-to-back seasons.

The reaction to Brewster is like a bad breakup with a domestic partner. Most people are focusing on the bad times that took place right before the breakup, and they are forgetting that there were some good times in the relationship.

Brewster tried. he didn't succeed. You can say that about a lot of college football coaches.

FWIW: Brewster's record through 18 games: 6-12. Fleck's record through 18 games: 8-10.

Top Bottom