Happy Anniversary Coach Brewster

gopherguy06

Reaction score
Oct 16, 2010 was the last day of the Brewster era.... What was your favorite Tim Brewster moment?

The Rose Bowl game.

This sums up the Brewster Era in 13-seconds.

My favorite quote before the kick: Can it get any worse for Minnesota?

Last edited:

What ever happened to the Rose Bowl turf Brew put in the locker room?

Oct 16, 2010 was the last day of the Brewster era.... What was your favorite Tim Brewster moment?

Honest answer, I was thrilled he upgraded the non-conference schedule by adding teams such as USC, Syracuse & North Carolina.

Count me a fan of anyone who aims high. That's an underrated attribute in life, and I really appreciated that about him.

He clearly had some things going for him but he just couldn't put it all together and analyze what the heck he was doing wrong from time to time. Wonder how his son is doing after all those concussions at Texas?

On a positive note, I have respect for Brewster's time here for this moment vs Mid Tenn State:

On a positive note, I have respect for Brewster's time here for this moment vs Mid Tenn State:

Thanks! Brewster and staff actually did many cool things! I still Remember Coach Tim Davis without pause asking/ telling two players (Orton? and Carufel?) to visit a young man air vac'd to Childrens hospital with Guillain–Barré syndrome. They gave the child a signed helmet IIRC. Many good things about coach Brewster. Just hired too early.

Thanks! Brewster and staff actually did many cool things! I still Remember Coach Tim Davis without pause asking/ telling two players (Orton? and Carufel?) to visit a young man air vac'd to Childrens hospital with Guillain–Barré syndrome. They gave the child a signed helmet IIRC. Many good things about coach Brewster. Just hired too early.

Not sure if he was hired too early, but just didn't translate recruiting into success on the field. Talked a lot and had nothing to show for it here or before at other jobs.

At the end, Brewster took it like a man.

Respected him for that.

The hoopla regarding the holy, sacred Tim Brewster Rose Bowl turf being planted somewhere in the Football complex. Classic Tim Brewster event.

I wonder if the Rose Bowl turf is still growing in a giant flower pot in the lobby of PJ Fleck's office.

I got to see MN play USC twice and Cal twice in person, so I'll credit Brewster since without him we would have been playing Ball State or Western Illinois.

Last edited:

I was at that game and it made me become a season ticket holder.

Cold game, but wild wild wild game.

It was great to see the kids having fun that night after a long period of frustration.

You could just feel the Gophers were sure to win it....

The Brewster Era? The Administration gave the fans of Minnesota Football exactly what the fans of Minnesota Football deserved by delivering Brewster to the program. It was obvious from the very start of that era...and still is today. We always get exactly what we deserve...what we will take...what we ask for. No more. No less. And, soon there will be some asking to be pleased by the administration once again. It is what it is. It will be what it will be. It will be what it has been. Some will be very thrilled with change. The high light of Gopher Football for so many fans is the passage of time between the firing of the old coach up until the new coach starts coaching games against other Big Ten Teams in his first season here. It is a slippery slope. Oh yes, I do recall the Brewster Era...It was a slippery slope all the way down. As it always does, the Big Ten football win record vs the Big Ten loss record will tell the whole story about every coach the administration decides to present we humble fans of GOPHER FOOTBALL.

Beat the stinking badger, GOPHER...

Last edited:

The Brewster Era? The Administration gave the fans of Minnesota Football exactly what the fans of Minnesota Football deserved by delivering Brewster to the program. It was obvious from the very start of that era...and still is today. We always get exactly what we deserve...what we will take...what we ask for. No more. No less. And, soon there will be some asking to be pleased by the administration once again. It is what it is. It will be what it will be. It will be what it has been. Some will be very thrilled with change. The high light of Gopher Football for so many fans is the passage of time between the firing of the old coach up until the new coach starts coaching games against other Big Ten Teams in his first season here. It is a slippery slope. Oh yes, I do recall the Brewster Era...It was a slippery slope all the way down. As it always does, the Big Ten football win record vs the Big Ten loss record will tell the whole story about every coach the administration decides to present we humble fans of GOPHER FOOTBALL.

That was back when you were known as onlybigtenwinscansavebrewstersjobcontrastbytherenegade

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Never change, you crazy bastard

Cold game, but wild wild wild game.

It was great to see the kids having fun that night after a long period of frustration.

You could just feel the Gophers were sure to win it....

Even though we had a bad year, that was one of my all-time favorite games.

At the end, Brewster took it like a man.

Respected him for that.

Yeah I've never heard him complain.

I might not like the results, but I never had a problem with his behavior or professionalism or such.

I'd be happy to have him as a recruiter / TE coach or something like that, he has energy / chili.

I have a lot of bad memories of that time, but I don't "blame" Brewster for failing, he got his shot and took it. I would expect anyone to take their shot if they could.

Last edited:

Lots of funny responses and I appreciate them and Brewster has become a humor gift that keeps on giving. I haven't turned on Gopher coaches easily over the years and Brewster was no exception. I had my concerns but that 2008 Illinois game where the Gophers scored the upset victory and Brewster was recorded blustering his way around pregame warmups wondering how hot everyone's chili was - turned out to be my high point in terms of Brewster loyalty. It was a high enough high point that it lasted in some form all the way until the 2009 "victory" over South Dakota State (yes, that win deserves quotes around the word "victory"). That is when doubt really started to creep in my mind and the anecdotal stories of problems in the program and revolving door assistant coaching hires started to sound louder in my ears. Hind sight is always 20/20 and now of course I feel like I should have had that doubt much earlier in Brewster's tenure.

I'd be happy to have him as a recruiter / TE coach or something like that, he has energy / chili.

In fact if the unlikely happened and he somehow ended back here.... they should name the chili they serve at TCF now "Brewster's Chili"...

(yeah i'm responding to myself here....)

Top Bottom