St. Cloud HS player succumbs to frustration, leaves sideline to make a tackle (video)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per STrib:

There’s no question that football releases passions. Games are events where communities come together, where bragging rights are earned, where hard work and striving for a common goal reflect some of our most cherished American beliefs.

In a story first reported by the Duluth News Tribune, sometimes those passions cause well-meaning players to, well, lose their heads.

Brad Reuter is a senior captain for the St. Cloud Cathedral football team who feels those passions right down to his bones. The Crusaders have had a tough fall, going winless through the season’s first six games, losing often by lopsided scores.

Zimmerman held a 26-point lead in the game’s final minute when running back Camerin Morey burst through the Cathedral defense and saw nothing but greenspace in front of him on the way to the end zone.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

http://www.startribune.com/st-cloud...n-leaves-sideline-to-make-a-tackle/497616891/

Go Gophers!!

The ball carrier was awarded the TD. I'm guessing there was an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty called and possibly Reuter was ejected but not 100% sure.

Still sucks for the RB. I guess he is a backup who rarely touches the ball. Weird way to score your first TD.

Have to question the Cathedral coach. Kid looked fast, determined and made a nice tackle. Maybe he deserves to be getting more reps on defense?

Shades of the 1954 Cotton Bowl - Tommy Lewis tackling Dicky Maegle!

Have to question the Cathedral coach. Kid looked fast, determined and made a nice tackle. Maybe he deserves to be getting more reps on defense?

I think he's one of their better players. This was late in the game when it was a blowout.

I think he's one of their better players. This was late in the game when it was a blowout.

I know, I was just messing around. He is a team captain. I'm from St Cloud (not a Cathedral grad) so I heard about this before this forum post.

Top Bottom