Nebraska players think the Gophers ran up the score last year

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
The reality is we attempted 5 passes in the 2nd half and none after 3:30 in the 3rd quarter. Apparently the RBs should have fallen down.

Neb pretty much quit after the kickoff... I mean I get how that happens, rough season, lame duck coach and all, but they made Demry Croft look like Joe Manning .... whose fault is that?

And Nebraska kind of ran up the score in 1983...

Neb pretty much quit after the kickoff... I mean I get how that happens, rough season, lame duck coach and all, but they made Demry Croft look like Joe Manning .... whose fault is that?

Is Joe Manning the love child of Joe Montana and Archie Manning?

They are using fake news narrative to psych themselves up. First, you say something that isn't true. You say it enough then it becomes a truism.

They are using fake news narrative to psych themselves up. First, you say something that isn't true. You say it enough then it becomes a truism.

And then it becomes a folklore love child named Joe Manning. He could beat you with his legs and feet.

I don’t think you can every run up the score to much against Nebraska. They used to do it all the time and you will not get any sympathy from Gopher fans.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I really like stories about the Gophers running up the score. I would like to read more of them.

When your 0-6 you need something to hang your hat on.

84-13 is burned in my brain forever. Not a pleasant thought.

84-13 is burned in my brain forever. Not a pleasant thought.

IIRC some of the Nebraska players said that the Gophers were mouthy or they would not have run it up so badly. Nebraska scored 21 points in every quarter - god did we suck.

It is sad that Nebby has fallen so far. First 0-6 and now fabricated motivators. Just hope the Gophers don’t give them any bulletin board material.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Running up the score is something for an fcs team to get mad at an Fbs team for. If you have two big ten teams, they should be competitive, and if one team has a problem with the score, they should play better defense. That, and we didn't run up the score.

When Demry pulled the ball back and there was NO ONE between him and the goal line, perhaps he should have pretended to trip.

Here's another quote. Look in the mirror boys, you laid down and gave up. Babies.

Cornerback Dicaprio Bootle agreed with Ozigbo.

“Anybody that was in that game last year should feel the same way, they did run it up on us,” Bootle said. “It felt like they weren’t going to stop last year. If we get that opportunity and we’ve got them where we want them this time we just got to keep our foot on their necks and crush their spirit.”

Gophers last pass attempt in the game was with 3:36 left in the third quarter with the score 37-14. They added 17 more points thanks largely to two long runs up the middle (Croft 64 yards, McCrary 43 yards). Huskers just straight up quit that day, in the game and on their coach.

whoa! that is real motivation. Nebraska has always been "run up the score" experts. F$#% them. What else do you say I guess when you get a taste of being the worst team in a major conference. Our motivation better be not losing even on the road to a bottom dweller.

The fact that last years Gophers ran on the score on anyone is more a reflection on Nebraska than on the Gophers. I can only hope that next year they are complaining that the Gophers ran up the score on them in 2018 as well. I for one will be in Lincoln to watch us run up the score again on Saturday.

LOL! Can't believe this. I think the Nebraska players need to take a hard look at themselves over the years.

How does Tom Osborne feel about this?

Obviously they have it confused with our 1945, 61-7 victory.

That was a total run up the score game.

How does Tom Osborne feel about this?

Tom: "Running up the score? My Huskers were involved with running up the score?" (choking back tears) Did they do it as a tribute to me? God Bless those boys!"

mkAZ: "No Mr.Osborne. Cornhusker players claim Minnesota ran the score up on them."

Tom: "No damn comment!"

"Nebraska thinks the Gophers ran up the score" Yeah!!! Never thought I would hear that in my life!

I was there for that one too! Thanks for the smile after remembering past disasters.

The game card said to run up the score.

After last year's shameful display of poor sportsmanship against Nebraska, I hope I'll never again have to read another hypocritical complaint about Bielema going for two.

Speaking of running up the score, Denver leads Arizona 28-3 at the 14:00 mark 2nd qtr. The Cardinals looked pathetic.

In the other duel in the desert, Arizona State and Stanford are tied at 2:20 1st qtr.

After last year's shameful display of poor sportsmanship against Nebraska, I hope I'll never again have to read another hypocritical complaint about Bielema going for two.

Would you have preferred kneel three times and punt? It's been pointed out repeatedly that we stopped throwing the ball. That aside, I don't care about teams at the same level running up the score. If Nebraska had a problem, they should have stopped us. Just like if we had a problem with Bielema, we should have stopped him. I know I was a lot madder at Brewster for getting us blown out by a rival than I was at Bielema for running up the score. If Nebraska does blow us out this year, I'll be mad a fleck, not frost. That said, it won't happen, Nebraska is horrible.

Top Bottom