6-3 might still win the Big Ten West

swingman

Reaction score
I still think 6-3 can win the West...

Wisconsin is not a juggernaut...lost to BYU, had its hands full vs Iowa, actually gave up a lot of yards to Neb, rolled by Michigan...top WR out for drunk assault...top TE out with acl...key injuries on dline and in secondary, ran off some depth in secondary, oline has some injury issues and depth issues (Kasl quit late)...if Bucky loses tomorrow and at PSU, I would love to see Gophs in final week going in to Madison on a five gamw win streak and finish 6-3 with tiebreaker over 6-3
Badgers

Iowa very banged up right now...need to see them lose three of Maryland, PSU, NW, Purdue, IL, NE, then they end up 5-4...

NW (which lost to Akron and was killed by Duke and had to go to OT to top winless NE) has a loss to MI..they lose to WI and here, we can have tiebreaker over them at 6-3...NW has a tough ND game in middle of final stretch

Purdue has NW opening week loss, still has OSU...they lose that and lose to us, we have tiebreaker in 6-3 scenario...

Wisconsin is not a juggernaut...lost to BYU, had its hands full vs Iowa, actually gave up a lot of yards to Neb, rolled by Michigan...top WR out for drunk assault...top TE out with acl...key injuries on dline and in secondary, ran off some depth in secondary, oline has some injury issues and depth issues (Kasl quit late)...if Bucky loses tomorrow and at PSU, I would love to see Gophs in final week going in to Madison on a five gamw win streak and finish 6-3 with tiebreaker over 6-3
Badgers

Iowa very banged up right now...need to see them lose three of Maryland, PSU, NW, Purdue, IL, NE, then they end up 5-4...

NW (which lost to Akron and was killed by Duke and had to go to OT to top winless NE) has a loss to MI..they lose to WI and here, we can have tiebreaker over them at 6-3...NW has a tough ND game in middle of final stretch

Purdue has NW opening week loss, still has OSU...they lose that and lose to us, we have tiebreaker in 6-3 scenario...

For a banged up team, Iowa did pretty well at Indiana: 42-16. I don't see them going 5-4 in the conference; 6-3 at worst and 7-2 may be more likely. We're not going to win all 6 of our remaining games. We'll be lucky to win four.

For a banged up team, Iowa did pretty well at Indiana: 42-16. I don't see them going 5-4 in the conference; 6-3 at worst and 7-2 may be more likely. We're not going to win all 6 of our remaining games. We'll be lucky to win four.

Yeah I don't quite buy Iowa dropping to 6 wins.

Badgers

Perflect!!!!!

The Gophers aren't running the table to finish 6-3, not going to happen. Sure, they're showing signs of marked improvement and outplayed Ohio State for the better part of three quarters, but let's slow down. We haven't won a Big Ten game yet, and Nebraska will be no guarantee. It won't be easy by any means.

And I fully expect Jonathan Taylor to have a big game against the Gophers. I can't remember the last time the Badgers didn't run all over a Gophers defense.

I love the optimism, I really do. But let's win a Big Ten game first before we even think about contending for the West. If we do somehow finish 6-3, I will happily eat crow.

Just saying but if Iowa minn and Wisc are all 6-3 it would mean that they’ve all beat each other and then would change to next tie breaker metric. Not saying it happens, just an observation

Badgers

How high do you have to be to think the Gophers will be 6-3 going into the game with Wisconsin?
Let's just win one B1G game before we get ahead of ourselves.

How high do you have to be to think the Gophers will be 6-3 going into the game with Wisconsin?

I'll vote for this post. One game at a time.

I’ll be shocked if we don’t reel off 8 straight and finish 11-3... Wisconsin might be so intimidated they don’t show up for the game.

We become the first team in the CFP with 3 losses because we are so dominant the 2nd half of the season. Just think boys, we’ll be adding the 8th national championship trophy to the case in about 3 months...

The BIG West is absolute garbage this year. I hate to say it, but Iowa needs to run the table to have any kind of respectable team represent the West. GARBAGE!

Just saying but if Iowa minn and Wisc are all 6-3 it would mean that they’ve all beat each other and then would change to next tie breaker metric. Not saying it happens, just an observation

Good God, get a grip man......it ain't ever gonna happen. If it does, I'll buy you a Greenie at Jaros'! :clap:

The Gophers aren't running the table to finish 6-3, not going to happen. Sure, they're showing signs of marked improvement and outplayed Ohio State for the better part of three quarters, but let's slow down. We haven't won a Big Ten game yet, and Nebraska will be no guarantee. It won't be easy by any means.

And I fully expect Jonathan Taylor to have a big game against the Gophers. I can't remember the last time the Badgers didn't run all over a Gophers defense.

I love the optimism, I really do. But let's win a Big Ten game first before we even think about contending for the West. If we do somehow finish 6-3, I will happily eat crow.

Hopefully, the Gophers Run Defense perform like they did against tOSU. They are getting more experience together as a unit, and barring any key injuries don't count them out.

Did ya read the end of my post?? Hahahah

Yeh, I was just having some fun. I think I was a bit salty at that time, as I was watching MNF and Aaron Rodgers pull another rabbit out of his as*
:cry:

Hmmm...

It would be impossible to be 6-3 going into the wisconsin game. 5-3 on the other hand.....

Top Bottom