History with Nebraska:

everybody knows my name

Freakishly Hyperintelligent
Reaction score
Minnesota -vs- Nebraska is the 7th most played series in Nebraska history, with Minnesota leading all-time 32-24-2.

https://twitter.com/HuskerHistory/s....com/HuskerHistory/status/1051819989056008192

The average score in the series: Minnesota 17.3, Nebraska 17.7.

https://twitter.com/heady_chris/sta...er.com/heady_chris/status/1051895840086867968

Nebraska's largest margin of victory in the series was 71 points. (84-13 on Sept 17th, 1983)
Minnesota's largest margin of fictory was 54 points. (twice: 54-0 on Oct 2nd, 1943 and 61-7 on Oct 6th, 1945)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minnesota–Nebraska_football_rivalry

Nebraska

I think Nebraska is a very underrated Springsteen album.

Can't remember if it was that game, or a blowout at the hands of Penn St. But I remember we walked into the Dome at kickoff, and by the time we had purchased our beers and made it to our seats, we were down 21-0.

I guess who we were playing doesn't really matter, does it? :cry:

JTG

The Billds' first Gophers game was the 1989 48-0 loss to Nebraska at the Dome.

I was a freshman at the U and after being a Georgia Bulldog my entire life (got to watch Herschel play) this was not what I expected. Did not go to another UM game till 2000.

Fortunately we were in Lincoln for that recent "W" and balance was restored to The Force.

The Billds' first Gophers game was the 1989 48-0 loss to Nebraska at the Dome.

I was a freshman at the U and after being a Georgia Bulldog my entire life (got to watch Herschel play) this was not what I expected. Did not go to another UM game till 2000.

Fortunately we were in Lincoln for that recent "W" and balance was restored to The Force.

I was there too. As I have stated several times here on GH, that was one of the most glorious Saturdays of my life! We partied hard in Lincoln that night, but as always, win or lose, Husker fans were gracious.

Can't remember if it was that game, or a blowout at the hands of Penn St. But I remember we walked into the Dome at kickoff, and by the time we had purchased our beers and made it to our seats, we were down 21-0.

I guess who we were playing doesn't really matter, does it? :cry:

JTG

I was not there, but I think it was the first year Penn State was in the Big Ten and I think they had a bunch of banners plastered all over the field level blue baseball protective padding that noted something like "Minnesota Football, the way the game was meant to be played" or something along those lines,

There must have been a reply or I must have seen some highlights as I was working weekends and could not be at the game, but chuckled at the banner in light of the inept Gopher performance.

[/B]

I was there too. As I have stated several times here on GH, that was one of the most glorious Saturdays of my life! We partied hard in Lincoln that night, but as always, win or lose, Husker fans were gracious.

I'll forever love Briean Boddy-Calhoun so that strip at the goal line.

One forgotten part of that play is that there was a penalty on Nebraska so had they scored, it would have been brought back. Still awesome of Boddy-Calhoun to do that.

One forgotten part of that play is that there was a penalty on Nebraska so had they scored, it would have been brought back. Still awesome of Boddy-Calhoun to do that.

That double tug for the ball... nice.

[/B]

You must remember though, the Huskers were winning many games then. The mood perhaps is starting to change among the fans.

If someone described the ending of that game without revealing which team was which, i would surely have picked the Gophers as the team stripped of a win at the 5-yard line. Not many Gopher wins are preserved with great last-minute individual plays. Winfield vs Fresno State and Cedric Thompson"s amazing interception vs. Purdue in 2013 both made me think "Wow, that's what other teams do to us!"

I remember when the series turned Nebraska's way. Dennis Claridge from Robbinsdale, quarterbacked them to a 14-7 win in Minneapolis. Gophers had won 29 of the 37 previous games between the two teams. Nebraska goes on to win the next 15 contests between the schools. Hope the Gophers pound them again.

If someone described the ending of that game without revealing which team was which, i would surely have picked the Gophers as the team stripped of a win at the 5-yard line. Not many Gopher wins are preserved with great last-minute individual plays. Winfield vs Fresno State and Cedric Thompson"s amazing interception vs. Purdue in 2013 both made me think "Wow, that's what other teams do to us!"

The 2014 win at Indiana....preserved by an improbable "fumble" by Indiana when they were driving for what would have been the game winning score....

1:35

That was fun to watch. Thank goodness Aaron Hill was heads-up and grabbed the ball while everyone else stood there.

I was not there, but I think it was the first year Penn State was in the Big Ten and I think they had a bunch of banners plastered all over the field level blue baseball protective padding that noted something like "Minnesota Football, the way the game was meant to be played" or something along those lines,

There must have been a reply or I must have seen some highlights as I was working weekends and could not be at the game, but chuckled at the banner in light of the inept Gopher performance.

Some college friends of mine (mostly Badger fans) and I decided we'd go watch a Big Ten Game and they were Gopher fans for the game.
Kijana Carter was unable to be touched, let alone tackled.

We left before half as Penn St went on to win 56-3

1994...ki-jana Carter rushed for like 200 yards by halftime. They had 42 by half time. My parents and I went on our way back from the state fair. We weren't at the game very long

Top Bottom