Nebrasksa opens at -6

OddStack

Reaction score
Vegas doesn't count moral victories. Dogs against a winless team.

Maybe Vegas did not see the Huskers in Minneapolis last year, or the previous 6 weeks.

Maybe Vegas did not see the Huskers in Minneapolis last year, or the previous 6 weeks.

I think they did. That's why they are favorites. They are getting better.

Most sites have it -4. It should move pretty quickly based on the early spread consensus.

They are better than their record with Martinez. This will be a tough game.

Every week is different. Motivation from week to week can sway quite a bit. Nebraska will be at home and be extremely motivated. Minnesota just expended a lot of effort and motivation last week. I like Nebraska in this one. Maybe not -6 though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nebby has lost its last ten games.

Going to be a very tough game I'm afraid. Can't let them get up early and get going.

Gophers have beaten Nebraska 3 times since they joined the B1G. Have the Gophers EVER been favored to beat the Huskers since they joined the league? Ever been favored to finish ahead of the Huskers in the B1G standings? I haven’t looked it up. Curious.

Gophers have beaten Nebraska 3 times since they joined the B1G. Have the Gophers EVER been favored to beat the Huskers since they joined the league? Ever been favored to finish ahead of the Huskers in the B1G standings? I haven’t looked it up. Curious.

Let us know after you do.

2011: Neb by 23 (L, 14-41)
2012: Neb by 20 (L, 14-38)
2013: Neb by 10 (W, 34-23)
2014: Neb by ?? (W, 28-24)
2015: Neb by ?? (L, 25-48)
2016: Neb by 7 (L, 17-24)
2017: U by 2.5 (W, 54-21)

That's all I could find. Maybe someone can fill in the two blanks.

It’s still Nebraska, at Memorial Stadium in Lincoln. They are getting better each week it seems, especially with Martinez.

The Gophers are playing with a true FR QB and all 3 of their B1G losses have been by at least two scores. They are gettting outscored in B1G play by an average of 40-19.

For Nebraska, 3 of their games have been coin flip games; Colorado (looks pretty damn solid), Troy and Northwestern. To use an old Vegas oddsmakers trick; flip those coin flip games the other way and predict the spread with those results. Would you be surprised if Nebraska was favored by a TD or more if both teams were 3-3?

We’lll find out a lot about Nebraska this weekend; if half the team hasn’t given up on Frost yet, this will be a really tough game.

It’s still Nebraska, at Memorial Stadium in Lincoln. They are getting better each week it seems, especially with Martinez.

The Gophers are playing with a true FR QB and all 3 of their B1G losses have been by at least two scores. They are gettting outscored in B1G play by an average of 40-19.

For Nebraska, 3 of their games have been coin flip games; Colorado (looks pretty damn solid), Troy and Northwestern. To use an old Vegas oddsmakers trick; flip those coin flip games the other way and predict the spread with those results. Would you be surprised if Nebraska was favored by a TD or more if both teams were 3-3?

We’lll find out a lot about Nebraska this weekend; if half the team hasn’t given up on Frost yet, this will be a really tough game.

Agree. This will NOT be an easy game.

Every week is different. Motivation from week to week can sway quite a bit. Nebraska will be at home and be extremely motivated. Minnesota just expended a lot of effort and motivation last week. I like Nebraska in this one. Maybe not -6 though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very surprised if they can get motivated. I think they are in a world of hurt and disarray. I think we are the motivated ones and are showing improvement each week. We are due for a big win. It will all be up to our QB play

You list having a true freshman quarterback as a liability for us, then praise their true freshman quarterback.

Nebraska has been hurt by penalties and turnovers. Let's keep those coming!

A team favored by 6 wins 66% of the time.

We have a one in three shot of winning this.

A lot of people seem to point out Nebraska is getting better each week, ignoring that the Gophers are getting better each week.

Had the Gophers played against OSU like they did against Maryland, they would have lost by 60+

A lot of people seem to point out Nebraska is getting better each week, ignoring that the Gophers are getting better each week.

Had the Gophers played against OSU like they did against Maryland, they would have lost by 60+

+1

If the offensive line plays like they did at OSU against Nebraska's defense I would expect a Gopher victory! Daniel Fa'alele affect will continue to help the running game!

Vegas must not know that ESPN, Sagarin and Connelly have the Gophers favored.

People, and their betting habits can be influenced by nostalgia and I am not surprised to see the Gophers as underdogs. Nebraska has been playing better. Their offense has been improving weekly lately. They just let one get away and that was on the road against a more highly regarded Northwestern team. The logic of the masses would say that an even more desperate Nebraska squad, even more hungry for victory, will deliver next week against another winless (in the B1G) squad like the Gophers. Yes, the Gophers have been incrementally improving through each of their three losses too but in general people will focus on the state of the helmet school prior to thinking of the opponent. I'd like to argue, but I can't. I expect Nebraska to be absolutely focused and desperate for victory on Saturday and if the Gophers pull off a win, I will be super excited and see it as continued progress toward the levels we all want to see this program achieve.

Top Bottom