PJ Fleck on Sports Huddle 10-14-18

I actually think coach gives a fair press conference. I think he is as transparent as he can be, has no problem accepting fault, respects his players (and the opponent)... Whaddya do? We ARE young, others are too, but our day in the sun is coming (IMO).
:cool:

I agree with this.

Dan Barreiro this morning had to find something to get manufactured outraged over, and he said he's sick and tired of hearing that the team is young saying PJ chose this team.

Did anyone other than me watch Iowa State vs WVU last night? WVU looked horrid, maybe it was an off game for them last night, but they didn't look top 35, much less # 6 in the country last night.

They made Iowa St look really good.

The refs told him that if he did take a timeout, they were still not going to review it.

This makes me think they already looked at it enough that they came to the conclusion they weren’t going to overturn it. Supposedly they review a lot of plays and blow it dead if they need more time. If I remember correctly, there was a lot of time before the next play because the refs threw a flag, discussed it and then picked it up.

It’s still ridiculous that it wasn’t overturned though.

I agree with this.

Dan Barreiro this morning had to find something to get manufactured outraged over, and he said he's sick and tired of hearing that the team is young saying PJ chose this team.

Then he should stop listening to the press conferences. Do guys like him talk about other parts of the press conference or do they listen to it just to find things to complain about?

I agree with this.

I bet Barreio and the rest of the Twin Cities media that is paid to cover Minnesota sports couldn’t name 5 guys on the team.

I bet Barreio and the rest of the Twin Cities media that is paid to cover Minnesota sports couldn’t name 5 guys on the team.
With or without using the media guide?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Gaard is his sidekick and they talk Gophs more than you think.

Aren't the best recruits available pretty young? So he's saying PJ should have chosen older players. JUCO transfers have a spotty history of being good P5 players. Transfers from other P5 teams are not that easy to come by.

So, just to be clear.....are you going on record that if we end up below Purdue in the west at the end of the season, that you will admit they're a better team? Or will you simply pull in a new set of criteria to support your argument. Just want to get it in writing before it happens.

I do applaud you for dropping Iowa State from your argument. That argument was poor from the start, although we did play one common opponent and both lost, so I guess we're the same, right? Except the whole, beating Power 5 Teams and not just playing two ranked teams, but beating them.

Also, can you share with me any statistical category that Minnesota outranks Purdue in from conference play? Just curious.

Nah, I won't admit Purdue is better than us.

Pretty sure I’ve taken a stand before and after.

You mean the guy who would say we’re better than a Purdue team that is 3-0 against ranked opponents this year (#2, #16, and #23) because of his sycophantic love of PJ Fleck?

Yeah. That’s been clear.

And if they finish ahead of us in the Big Ten west, they will have had a better year than we did.

Although the ass kicking we handed them will make it easier to take.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You mean the guy who would say we’re better than a Purdue team that is 3-0 against ranked opponents this year (#2, #16, and #23) because of his sycophantic love of PJ Fleck?

Yeah. That’s been clear.

And if they finish ahead of us in the Big Ten west, they will have had a better year than we did.

Although the ass kicking we handed them will make it easier to take.

Oh so now wins over good teams mean more than overall record? I feel like I've seen a lot of people argue against that on here...

Oh so now wins over good teams mean more than overall record? I feel like I've seen a lot of people argue against that on here...

No. I said if they finished ahead of us in the big ten west. By definition, that would mean a better record in conference.

Since were both 5-5, if we end up 7-5 and they are 6-6 we can claim to be the better team overall. They will have beaten better teams than us, but we will have beaten more.

No. I said if they finished ahead of us in the big ten west. By definition, that would mean a better record in conference.

Since were both 5-5, if we end up 7-5 and they are 6-6 we can claim to be the better team overall. They will have beaten better teams than us, but we will have beaten more.

I saw 41-10 on the field today. Brohm is such a better coach than Fleck though...:rolleyes:

I saw 41-10 on the field today. Brohm is such a better coach than Fleck though...:rolleyes:

Using that correlation in support of a coach that is 4-12 in the B1G is an interesting stance. You must think there are a lot of coaches in the B1G better than PJ then. You are welcome to your opinion, but I don’t think you should be so hard on him - it is only his 2nd year and he could use your support. RTB GWG.

So, Fleck can sh!t the bed repeatedly, but it’s year two and he needs his guys. Brohm does the same thing and he sucks.

Got it.

Both can be good coaches at the same time. Today Fleck won. Last year Brohm won.

Both teams are struggling to move forward and going through growing pains. Neither coach is perfect.

That said, i would trade wins over Ohio State, Iowa and Boston College over a win against Purdue and Fresno State in a heartbeat and so would you if you could understand that you can admit that and still like Fleck.

In the long run, Brohm has shown he can beat ranked teams with inferior talent. We hope Fleck will be able to win once he has better talent.

Do you think Lovie is better than Fleck?

Dagger.

The chest thumping on here is obnoxious after one win. A nice win, but one win (over a purported overrated team and bad coach no less) - let’s see the follow ups and if the defensive transformation is legit.

Top Bottom