After the game, P.J. Fleck was told refereeing crew wouldn't take another look at 4th

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Cunningham:

Week 7 for Minnesota could be looked at a number of different ways.

For many, it was a good loss. As odd as it may seem, there is something to take away from being neck-and-neck with the No. 3 team in the country — Ohio State — and losing on the road. It showed what Minnesota is capable of.

During the first quarter, however, there was a 4th-and-2 situation Ohio State faced when trailing 7-3. The Buckeyes ran RB Mike Weber to the right side and he appeared to be short.

The calling on the field, though, was a first down for Ohio State. The spotting seemed odd, especially since it clearly looked like Weber was short.

Ohio State went on to score a TD on a bomb the very next play. This of course helped the Buckeyes win the game 30-14.

After the game, Minnesota coach P.J. Fleck told the media that the refereeing crew told him that even if he used a timeout to check the spot, they wouldn’t have.

What? It wasn’t even close for them?

There was no debate whatsoever? Again, this seems incredibly odd.

The game was played at Ohio Stadium, for what it’s worth.

https://saturdaytradition.com/minne...w-wouldnt-take-another-look-at-4th-down-spot/

Go Gophers!!

Rigged. What BS.

Here’s the problem. PJ says anything about an official making a mistake, he gets fined. The official — nothing happens to him even though he made the mistake. He gets a contract for next year, sad. Just continue to reward incompetence.

That 4th down call was painful because he was so obviously short and the zebras just moved the chains. I hope I get to see a MN team get good enough to get some close calls go our way. Seems to be the case in most sports where the heavily favored team or athlete gets the break.

Had PJ called a TO and asked for a review of the spot, don’t they have to look at it? It’s not like a whistle was blown early so they can’t review.
The RB wasn’t even close to the line to gain when he hit the ground.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was pretty much a clown show by the officials all game.

Had PJ called a TO and asked for a review of the spot, don’t they have to look at it? It’s not like a whistle was blown early so they can’t review.

Problem is they can't use the colorized TV line for the yard to gain so would have been difficult to overturn.

My guess is they already looked at it and determined it wasn’t going to be overturned.

They’ll come out next year and say they made a mistake and should have reviewed the spot, my bad.

They’ll come out next year and say they made a mistake and should have reviewed the spot, my bad.

No, I heard they are going to rule is was not a first down and take a touchdown away from Cleveland State.

Top Bottom