Doogie: RB Shannon Brooks was arrested, and here's the jail roster

Alleged 'Victim'

If getting their phone taken away, punched in the face (broken glasses) and many threats along the lines of going to get shot and killed if they call the police, theres no cameras to prove anything, I'm a D1 football player I can get away with anything, ect. He for damn well is a victim. The reason why there is no charges right now is because every witness is on the football team and they're going to cover up the situation as much as they can.

If getting their phone taken away, punched in the face (broken glasses) and many threats along the lines of going to get shot and killed if they call the police, theres no cameras to prove anything, I'm a D1 football player I can get away with anything, ect. He for damn well is a victim. The reason why there is no charges right now is because every witness is on the football team and they're going to cover up the situation as much as they can.

Can't decide, Newell's mom or girlfriend?

Bottom line - why can't they all get along? Are they going to be looking for new roomates/new place, a new waterboy?

You just registered, so that you could post in this thread. I have no problem with that ... everyone has to start somewhere.

My question is: why do you feel the need to come to GopherHole and say these things? What does it matter what a bunch of fans think on the internet?? You aren't going to get anything done by throwing out accusations, on here. If you are part of the investigation, then you definitely shouldn't be posting on here. If you're hearing second hand from the person or friends of the person, and feel the need to share those things you've heard ... again I don't think you're doing that person any favors.

Let it play out.

There would definitely be physical evidence of this. BS.

Good choice. Just llike my motto. "Deny! Deny! Deny!"

Well, this doesn’t sound good. Sounds like Brooks may have a problem. Wonder what precipitated it? Not a good look for Gopher football or Shannon Brooks. If true, disciplinary actions will be on the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, this doesn’t sound good. Sounds like Brooks may have a problem. Wonder what precipitated it? Not a good look for Gopher football or Shannon Brooks. If true, disciplinary actions will be on the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boy, have I got a deal on a bridge for you

I feel bad for the victim that he had his phone taken away.

Personal Electronic Device Separation (PEDS) is a growing epidemic across the nation and happens to those who are least suspecting it.

No one hanging around football players is safe from (PEDS)

The are PEDS and then there are PEDS. One gets you kicked out of the program. Taking away somone's PEDS might lead to other series of problems.

The truth shall reveal all. I hope for the best for him because I feel he is a nice kid who just blew his top for reasons unknown. It might be the stolen Cheetos.

Goes back to the UMN EOAA office though. Which seems to have unlimited power. Because, you can almost make any kind of argument that anything anyone does can deprive you of an "equal opportunity to an education". Someone wears an offensive T-shirt? Deprived of equal opportunity. Someone spills a drink on you? Deprived of an equal opportunity. Etc

Obviously I'm exaggerating. But I'm doing it to make a point. Where is the line that bounds the EOAA's power and authority to suspend a student's status or even expel them? Because it doesn't matter if criminal charges or a civil case are ever brought ... you lose your student status, and you're done with the team.

Like so many other GopherHolers you need to educate yourself on the U's student disciplinary process. All of the policies and procedures are easy to find on the U's website. The EOAA has zero authority to suspend or expel students. Their role is to investigate complaints involving sexual discrimination or misconduct and send the reports to the U's administration. Depending on the results of the investigation, the EOAA may or may not recommend initiation of a student disciplinary action against one or more of the students involved. Then they are done. They have nothing more to do with the matter. The U's notice, hearings, and appeals process takes over from that point.

Last edited:

Like so many other GopherHolers you need to educate yourself on the U's student disciplinary process. All of the policies and procedures are easy to find on the U's website. The EOAA has zero authority to suspend or expel students. Their role is to investigate complaints involving sexual discrimination or misconduct and send the reports to the U's administration. Depending on the results of the investigation, the EOAA may or may not recommend initiation of a student disciplinary action against one or more of the students involved. Then they are done. They have nothing more to do with the matter.
But the EOAA gets to chose who they investigate. As we have seen previously, anyone can be investigated in a case by the EOAA, you need not be in the immediate proximity of an incident to be investigated.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

That's taking a really big swing at the pinata. Well done.

But the EOAA gets to chose who they investigate. As we have seen previously, anyone can be investigated in a case by the EOAA, you need not be in the immediate proximity of an incident to be investigated.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Does the alleged victim claim to be a female trapped in a man's body? If so, Brooks is toast. The EOAA will prepare the expulsion papers. [emoji41]

Like so many other GopherHolers you need to educate yourself on the U's student disciplinary process. All of the policies and procedures are easy to find on the U's website. The EOAA has zero authority to suspend or expel students. Their role is to investigate complaints involving sexual discrimination or misconduct and send the reports to the U's administration. Depending on the results of the investigation, the EOAA may or may not recommend initiation of a student disciplinary action against one or more of the students involved. Then they are done. They have nothing more to do with the matter. The U's notice, hearings, and appeals process takes over from that point.

Whatever the EOAA recommends is what the admin does. Zero chance that if the EOAA finds that Brooks deprived the other student of an equal opportunity to his education and should therefore be suspended, then the admin would ignore that. Literally zero

Last edited:

Andy Greder @andygreder:

#Gophers running back Shannon Brooks will practice Thursday, after not practicing Tuesday or Wednesday, coach PJ Fleck said on @FOX9 show. That’s a development as the Minneapolis city attorney’s office continues to investigate the fight with Brooks’ male roommate.
9:04 PM - 17 Oct 2018

Whatever the EOAA recommends is what the admin does. Zero chance that if the EOAA finds that Brooks deprived the other student of an equal opportunity to his education and should therefore be suspended, then the admin would ignore that. Literally zero

The hallmarks of a well run bureaucracy: layers of distributed responsibility and plausible deniability. Luckily for the students if they disagree with the EOAA sole investigator’s findings and admin rubber stamp they can go before a handpicked student panel indoctrinated in the quack theory of recovered memory, chaired by a professor specialiazing in domestic abuse, with cross examination limited to questions approved by the university general counsel and key electronic evidence disallowed if deemed traumatic by the accuser. It’s a process.

If you wanted to be a jerk these days, you could almost just go around threatening the football players that you were going to call the police on them and then they'll get expelled.
The burden of proof with the EOAA can be very low and unless you have multiple witnesses including non-football players, you're going to be toast.

A roommate of a football player would probably know this and could probably threaten to call the police in any verbal disagreement.
It's an ultimate trump card.

The hallmarks of a well run bureaucracy: layers of distributed responsibility and plausible deniability. Luckily for the students if they disagree with the EOAA sole investigator’s findings and admin rubber stamp they can go before a handpicked student panel indoctrinated in the quack theory of recovered memory, chaired by a professor specialiazing in domestic abuse, with cross examination limited to questions approved by the university general counsel and key electronic evidence disallowed if deemed traumatic by the accuser. It’s a process.

Which on one hand, the school can pretty much do whatever it wants. Because attending the U of Minn is not at all a right, and losing your student status really amounts to nothing. You don't lose your freedom, you don't get fined, and it's not a civil suit either. With so "little" at stake, the burdens of proof and the "fairness" of the process can essentially be arbitrary.

And that's what we see.

But in the case of student-athletes, obviously if you lose your student status, you lose the ability to be an athlete. That is an additional consequence (as would be for any member of any school sanctioned/sponsored extra-curricular activity). But in the case of football and men's basketball (maybe men's hockey and baseball too), you're potentially talking about putting a huge dent in the student's ability to make a lot of money as a professional athlete. Makes me wonder if there shouldn't be a law in the state requiring the process to have a special consideration and/or special process when it involves losing something more than "just" being a student. Maybe a lawsuit will force that, one day. We'll see I guess ...

Last edited:

Which on one hand, the school can pretty much do whatever it wants. Because attending the U of Minn is not at all a right, and losing your student status really amounts to nothing. You don't lose your freedom, you don't get fined, and it's not a civil suit either. With so "little" at stake, the burdens of proof and the "fairness" of the process can essentially be arbitrary.

And that's what we see.

But in the case of student-athletes, obviously if you lose your student status, you lose the ability to be an athlete. That is an additional consequence (as would be for any member of any school sanctioned/sponsored extra-curricular activity). But in the case of football and men's basketball (maybe men's hockey and baseball too), you're potentially talking about putting a huge dent in the student's ability to make a lot of money as a professional athlete. Makes me wonder if there shouldn't be a law in the state requiring the process to have a special consideration and/or special process when it involves losing something more than "just" being a student. Maybe a lawsuit will force that, one day. We'll see I guess ...

I’m not sure if you’re serious, but I couldn’t disagree more.

I’m not sure if you’re serious, but I couldn’t disagree more.

Feel free to state your opinion/case/argument. That's what the message board is for.

I don't see how there is a case to be made that any currently enrolled student has the "right" to attend. I guess it all depends what you mean. No more than a shopper in Target has the "right" to be inside the store.

And I used quotations on "little" for a reason.

Feel free to state your opinion/case/argument. That's what the message board is for.

I don't see how there is a case to be made that any currently enrolled student has the "right" to attend. I guess it all depends what you mean. No more than a shopper in Target has the "right" to be inside the store.

And I used quotations on "little" for a reason.

You are incorrect.

Top Bottom