Doogie: RB Shannon Brooks was arrested, and here's the jail roster

(warning - not serious)

Well, the report says no weapons other than hands and feet were involved. So, I think I know what happened. They were watching the new season of "Iron Fist" on Netflix, and decided to have their own version of Danny Rand vs. Davos.

Davos is not one to be effed with.

(warning - not serious)

Well, the report says no weapons other than hands and feet were involved. So, I think I know what happened. They were watching the new season of "Iron Fist" on Netflix, and decided to have their own version of Danny Rand vs. Davos.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/f-q5FLtlUOI" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Do we know who called the police? Was it someone in the house (the kid Brooks was fighting) or was it a neighbor?
Perhaps that information is not yet available.

Star Tribune is publishing the roommates name (funny how that happens when it is a male accuser). The roommate called the police.

Flecks comments about this on the radio were interesting when he said "I'd like to comment but can't at this time". That could mean anything but it sounds positive maybe? OK maybe I'm just a homer..

This is pretty routine when the police are called to a residence for anything suspected violent. Somebody, usually at the discretion of the police, goes to jail. Does not mean there was a crime. The media reports that nobody was hurt.

This is pretty routine when the police are called to a residence for anything suspected violent. Somebody, usually at the discretion of the police, goes to jail. Does not mean there was a crime. The media reports that nobody was hurt.

The word in Dinkey Town was that his roommate mentioned how odious the Gophers were at Ohio State and he took exception to the Nothing serious. Just sticking up for his brothers,

The word in Dinkey Town was that his roommate mentioned how odious the Gophers were at Ohio State and he took exception to the Nothing serious. Just sticking up for his brothers,

I thought we played quite well. Shows you his football knowledge

I wonder what type of roommate the caller is.

Is he the passive aggressive, neat freak type who got upset that Shannon left a half-cup of water out for 3 days
Maybe he's that smart-alec type who always has witty comebacks and is fun to be around, but also knows how to annoy the hell out of you when he wants to.

I wonder what type of roommate the caller is.

Is he the passive aggressive, neat freak type who got upset that Shannon left a half-cup of water out for 3 days
Maybe he's that smart-alec type who always has witty comebacks and is fun to be around, but also knows how to annoy the hell out of you when he wants to.

My guess is the type who is easily triggered by microaggressions and in constant search of a safe space.

Brooks is gone for a couple of days. Comes home to find that said roommate has eaten his Totino's pizza rolls. Tempers flare. Happens all the time.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/f-q5FLtlUOI" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Chuck needed to do some serious manscaping before that bout.

Roomie has a private twitter page. However, he appears to be a waterboy for the team. His twitter description is "Most Elite Waterboy in the Big Ten."
The profile picture makes it look like he's not being sarcastic.

Brooks is gone for a couple of days. Comes home to find that said roommate has eaten his Totino's pizza rolls. Tempers flare. Happens all the time.
Oh snap! Not the Totino's pizza rolls!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Roomie has a private twitter page. However, he appears to be a waterboy for the team. His twitter description is "Most Elite Waterboy in the Big Ten."
What is the over/under on participation awards that he has? [emoji14]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I wonder who gets the boot from the program: player, waterboy, both, or neither. poll?

Nothing that seems to indicate it is BS, other than that it is contrary to what you want to believe.

That's very much a human thing.

But I wouldn't blame anyone for calling BS on an anonymous forum poster claiming something without much reason to belive it... I'm skeptical of any folks with "insider info" on here. Occasionally they're right, occasionally they're wrong, no way to tell on the face of it.

Last edited:

I think what PJ does will depends on if charges are pressed.

Regardless, Shannon should know better than to let his emotions get him to the point of violence, but he's still young and for some people it is easier to keep the emotions in than others.

If charges are not pursued, I think PJ has Shannon formally apologize, and is in the dog house for a little while (he wasn't going to play soon anyway, so not that bad?). If charges are pursued, PJ has a tough choice, but I think he might dismiss Shannon from the team to send a message. Sometimes 1 bad choice is all it takes.

We'll just have to wait and see how this all progresses. I think we'll have an answer by the end of the week.

Was it a good fight? Lol boys will be boys! Play Ball! College roommates getting after it first time this has ever happened lol

Not much to get worked-up about there. Sure the local, hard working media investigative teams will make something out of it.

Brooks, a 22-year-old senior who has been sidelined all season because of a knee injury, was booked into the Hennepin County jail about 2:40 a.m., according to the jail log.

Police spokeswoman Sgt. Darcy Horn said the arrest occurred shortly after 1:30 a.m. in the 600 block of 15th Avenue SE., the same block near campus where Brooks lives. Horn described the suspected offense as a misdemeanor.

Newell R. Fisk, 21, reported “a domestic abuse in progress” to law enforcement, according to a police report released Sunday evening. Fisk was not hurt, the report added.

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-...led-on-domestic-assault-allegation/497519741/

Last edited:

Knowledge gained about the situation due to my line of work from others who were on site, however I am not allowed to disseminate the specifics of the actual events. Those details will come out at some point this week more than likely.

Nor am I at liberty to discuss this incident; and so I will not.

Only high quality H2O for our boys.

If Shannon had intended to physically harm that waterboy, I think it’s safe to say there would be injuries to report.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But I wouldn't blame anyone for calling BS on an anonymous forum poster claiming something without much reason to belive it... I'm skeptical of any folks with "insider info" on here. Occasionally they're right, occasionally they're wrong, no way to tell on the face of it.
This comes up every single time a legal issue comes up with Gopher sports. The pattern is pretty much set in stone. Details are murky at first and then one poster adds some pretty specific details that provide clarity. A few people immediately call B.S. But I would say 90 percent of the time the poster who provided the information is proven right. Or, at least, fairly accurate.

We'll see.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Yeah I agree and I want that to be true as well, but there are 10 pages of this thread with half the posts being speculation that it was just a spat between friends that got out of hand and the other half telling stories about how they got in a tussle with a roommate in college that actually brought them closer together as friends in the end. Then one guy who says he knows something of the incident and it is BS.

You are right, the guy might be just blowing smoke, but it is at least as relevant as posters stories about wrestling matches that got out of hand 30 years ago.

This comes up every single time a legal issue comes up with Gopher sports. The pattern is pretty much set in stone. Details are murky at first and then one poster adds some pretty specific details that provide clarity. A few people immediately call B.S. But I would say 90 percent of the time the poster who provided the information is proven right. Or, at least, fairly accurate.

We'll see.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I wouldn't say 90%... not even close with the top minds we have here...

If so, it's justified. Honest to god, it was the Pizza Rolls with my daughter and her roommates.

If so, it's justified. Honest to god, it was the Pizza Rolls with my daughter and her roommates.

"It was the Pizza Rolls ..."

Didn't Humphrey Bogart say that in a movie while rolling some ball bearings around in his hand?

;)

JTG

Top Bottom