Doogie: RB Shannon Brooks was arrested, and here's the jail roster

Oh oh. That's too bad, no more black eyes for the program please.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

I, for one, don’t really care about an isolated fight.
But I suspect PJ will.

I just can’t imagine getting arrested for that after all that has transpired since that kid has been here and the coach he plays for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We'll see here shortly if it comes up With Sid & Dave...

Yeah, so much for him playing this year (or again) for the Gophers.

If true just freed up roster spot

I, for one, don’t really care about an isolated fight.
But I suspect PJ will.

A fight is one thing. An assault on a female, which is the usual case with a "domestic assault," is something else entirely. No room for that in any organization.

Yes, we need to see what the facts are. Once upon a time, I believe it was standard for the police to always arrest at least one person when called to a domestic. Don't know if that's still the case.

But I do know the image of a muscular, (near) professional athlete visiting violence upon a woman makes me sick. I doubt this ends well for Brooks.

JTG

Unless it’s quickly proven that this is 100% false, which is basically impossible unless the victim says nothing happened, he’ll be gone soon.

Next time we see him in pads will be on Last Chance U.

A student-athlete under PJ did something wrong? Quite a few posters here said that wouldn’t happen now that we had a coach with high expectations. I was not one of them, and do not believe Thomas’ and now Brooks’ actions are PJs fault. I am not blaming PJ at all.

Yet, for those of you who wanted to blame previous staff for poor student actions off the field, you can’t have it both ways. Or, is your story changing now?

A student-athlete under PJ did something wrong? Quite a few posters here said that wouldn’t happen now that we had a coach with high expectations. I was not one of them, and do not believe Thomas’ and now Brooks’ actions are PJs fault. I am not blaming PJ at all.

Yet, for those of you who wanted to blame previous staff for poor student actions off the field, you can’t have it both ways. Or, is your story changing now?

He was a Kill/Claeys recruit.../s

It appears he is being held w/o bond. That indicates the degree of seriousness. PJ can not be held responsible for an isolated case of misconduct. Brooks can be. Should be. This is sad on multiple levels, but let us remember he has not been determined to be guilty of anything. Facts are needed.

Last edited:

Sounds like was male roommate

Pioneer Press reporting he got into a fight with his male roommate, not a football player.

Stupid. No one that I am aware of said it "wouldn't happen". There was and still a belief there would be less off the field issues. It remains to be seen if that will be the case but prior the this incident it does appear there have been less "incidents".

Reported as a misdemeanor, which is pretty wide ranging. Lets wait for details. May be something, may be overblown fisticuffs between two friends who had a disagreement...

Reported as a misdemeanor, which is pretty wide ranging. Lets wait for details. May be something, may be overblown fisticuffs between two friends who had a disagreement...

AMEN. I thought we all had learned to let the facts come out before assessing blame.

Top Bottom