Doogie: RB Shannon Brooks was arrested, and here's the jail roster

Gophers running back Shannon Brooks released from jail - Twin Cities.com

Gophers running back Shannon Brooks was released from Hennepin County jail on Monday afternoon, according to its jail roster.

Brooks has not been charged by the Hennepin County city attorney’s office as of Monday afternoon and he was released from the downtown Minneapolis facility at 12:25 p.m.

The senior from Jasper, Ga., was arrested on the suspicion of fifth-degree domestic assault of his male roommate after an incident at their Minneapolis residence early Sunday morning. The Minneapolis police report said the 21-year-old victim did not report injuries.

This story will be updated.

https://www.twincities.com/2018/10/15/gophers-running-back-shannon-brooks-released-from-jail/

Now that he's out of jail, is he going to go back to his apartment and carve "Brooks was here" into the support beam in the ceiling?

I wouldn't say 90%... not even close with the top minds we have here...
In these situations? When they're stating it as if the know any not what they're guessing? I originally wrote 95%. It's not 100, but I'll stick with 90.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

In these situations? When they're stating it as if the know any not what they're guessing? I originally wrote 95%. It's not 100, but I'll stick with 90.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

54pHjmU.gif

I know nothing beyond what I have read here and in the media and I don't pretend to be a seasoned legal mind but unless more info comes to light, this doesn't seem like something that would grow into a big deal.

More going on there than just the assault on his roommate, there were other threats made and several other football players also on scene as the situation unfolded at the house they lived at.

@WoodburyTim

This is the post I was referring to. No facts to support this. Please post a link or source that confirms the above is factual.

As far as man in love WTF are you talking about.

@WoodburyTim

This is the post I was referring to. No facts to support this. Please post a link or source that confirms the above is factual.

As far as man in love WTF are you talking about.

I am not saying I believe AF_Howie said one way or another, but to leap from that to saying he is full of BS is a leap I don't see.

Maybe PJ will give Shannon a 6 game suspension (retroactively)?

Or he'll be taught a lesson by having to carry the ball 24 times against Nebraska after being held out the opening series.

I am not saying I believe AF_Howie said one way or another, but to leap from that to saying he is full of BS is a leap I don't see.

Fair enough. I can see your POV. I just hate the "I have inside info but I cant disclose the source." Not buying it. Need facts and evidence.

Person A: Hey I just saw Jerry Kill in Nebraska interviewing for the HC job.

Person B: There are thousands of people in Nebraska that look like Jerry Kill.

Fair enough. I can see your POV. I just hate the "I have inside info but I cant disclose the source." Not buying it. Need facts and evidence.

Person A: Hey I just saw Jerry Kill in Nebraska interviewing for the HC job.

Person B: There are thousands of people in Nebraska that look like Jerry Kill.

True enough, I see your point. But I do think from time to time people on here might have some unique information and insight and I guess I would rather have that then not. But you are right, this might be all smoke to feel important on a board, we'll see, but I hope there isn't something that makes it sound worse.

Sounds as if he was released and there were no charges.

Wait for time to pass now to see if this resurfaces.
Curious if PJ will address during is annual Tuesday media meetings.

Well Clancy Brown was in both movies so I guess there is that connection.

They drop a lot of hints that after his stint in jail as a result of the events in Shawshank Redemption he gets a shot to rehabilitate himself as a Drill Sargent.

Sounds as if he was released and there were no charges.

Wait for time to pass now to see if this resurfaces.
Curious if PJ will address during is annual Tuesday media meetings.

Are you trying to take my crown? Signed the Typo King.

PJ said on KFAN1003 running back Shannon Brooks — pre-Sunday arrest with no charges Monday — was cleared to play Sunday, setting up his return from knee injury vs. Nebraska, but now his status is “evolving” with ongoing city attorney’s office investigation

This seems like a pretty good example of why some news outlets don’t report names unless charges are filed.

right or wrong, good or bad - it is what it is. If two roommates got into a beef, and one went to jail for the night - but neither of them were athletes - we would never hear about it.

Athletes and public figures fall into a different category. I'm not saying it's fair, but when you're a pro athlete, or a D1 scholarship athlete, you forfeit some of your privacy. Even if a member of the rowing team, or the swimming and diving team got into a beef with their roommate, we'd probably never hear about it.

Maybe Brooks' roommate over-reacted. maybe he was really afraid that he was going to be assaulted. Don't know. can't read his mind.

it's interesting, in a sociological sense, how the perception changes when it's two guys involved as opposed to a guy and a girl.

But, it does tweak my curiosity. I tend to assume that most FB players room with other FB players. Here, Brooks is rooming with a guy that had, at best, a minor connection to the program - basically a glorified water boy. I'm sure there's more to the story.

This seems like a pretty good example of why some news outlets don’t report names unless charges are filed.

And then some others put it front and center for multiple news cycles, pull the most misleading facts and present them in a way that they know will make their viewers/readers jump to false conclusions.

Sounds like if MPD and the city attorney can finalize that no charges are going to result here that Shannon may see the field on Saturday in Lincoln....unless they close out too late in the week.

Top Bottom