Doogie: RB Shannon Brooks was arrested, and here's the jail roster

I'm going to go out on a limb and say we can switch that verb to the past tense.

Eh. A lot of people get in physical altercations with roommates in college. Not saying its good but I know dozens of people who did and none were arrested.

Is it possible Brooks’ roommate was also arrested but since he’s not “notable” we don’t see an actual booking?

Actually its none of my business, however I'm curious as to what happen. Roommate isn't hurt, girlfriend tweets something to the affect it wasn't a big deal yet he'll learn from it. Fleck hasn't done anything (Only Tuesday however). Assuming that Brooks now has a new room mate.

Is it possible Brooks’ roommate was also arrested but since he’s not “notable” we don’t see an actual booking?

No, he wasn't arrested. No charges filed right away by the County Attorney's Office is a good sign for Shannon (#hottake). The "continued investigation" is likely lip service to show that they aren't going easy on a public athlete. You'd have to believe that now that everyone has calmed down, some staffer has convinced young Mr. Fisk to no longer pursue any charges. My guess is Shannon sits Nebraska as punishment and is back the following week.

Are the Gophers looking for a new Water Boy? I may still have a little life in these legs yet.

Waterboy uncensored - LT: "...Don't smoke crack". :cool02:

Last edited:

Mark Rosen said he’s familiar with what happened. Without going into details, he basically said Brooks “did nothing.” Cops were called, nobody was interviewed by the cops, male roommate, other issues going on, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mark Rosen said he’s familiar with what happened. Without going into details, he basically said Brooks “did nothing.” Cops were called, nobody was interviewed by the cops, male roommate, other issues going on, etc.

Nobody was interviewed but they hauled someone away? Possible, but unlikely.

Brooks "did nothing," yet he spent 24 hours in jail.
Out of curiosity, was the roommate white?
I'm a bit concerned that once again we have a racial bias happening when it comes to young black men in Minnesota.
(Yeah, I know I am opening up a hornet's nest. Let your faux offense at me asking a question commence.)

I'm a bit concerned that once again we have a racial bias happening when it comes to young black men in Minnesota.
(Yeah, I know I am opening up a hornet's nest. Let your faux offense at me asking a question commence.)
If that LinkedIn profile that was linked is accurate, he is white. On the flip side it's not uncommon in these situations for at least one of the parties to spend the night in the drunk tank

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

One of the nicest guys I know was at times horribly angry drunk when we were college age. Aggressive, swinging at his friends. It was bizarre and frankly unnerving behavior as it didn’t always happen but a switch could turn on at any time. I’m not saying that’s the case here but I can absolutely see someone “freaking out” and calling the cops over being in perceived imminent danger if a guy like Shannon has gone ballistic and turned his sights on you.

Perhaps we find out the facts, perhaps the “facts”, or other rumors or maybe the program circles the wagons. Maybe nothing happens, maybe PJ makes Shannon do some sort of program off the record, or maybe this was as much Fisk’s doing as Brook’s. Alcohol can make most people do some pretty dumb things and young people in particular are victims of their runaway emotions.

Actually its none of my business, however I'm curious as to what happen. Roommate isn't hurt, girlfriend tweets something to the affect it wasn't a big deal yet he'll learn from it. Fleck hasn't done anything (Only Tuesday however). Assuming that Brooks now has a new room mate.

I think the question simply is ... who called the cops??

I'm not authority by any means, but I've never heard of a guy roommate calling the cops on another guy roommate simply over a fight. Now if there was a serious threat like I'll stab you/shoot you, grabbing a weapon, etc. ... then yes certainly. But I just made that up, to demonstrate the point. I don't know if that happened.

Maybe a neighbor heard yelling/screaming and called them?

Of course, I think (??), he could only be taken into custody if the roommate actually did want to press charges? OR if he was being very uncooperative with the cops that showed up or perhaps even got physical with them? Again, making this all up.

It looks like we really do need someone to make a GH Jump to Conclusions mat...could cut threads like this to half the number of pages.

I think the question simply is ... who called the cops??

I'm not authority by any means, but I've never heard of a guy roommate calling the cops on another guy roommate simply over a fight. Now if there was a serious threat like I'll stab you/shoot you, grabbing a weapon, etc. ... then yes certainly. But I just made that up, to demonstrate the point. I don't know if that happened.

Maybe a neighbor heard yelling/screaming and called them?

Of course, I think (??), he could only be taken into custody if the roommate actually did want to press charges? OR if he was being very uncooperative with the cops that showed up or perhaps even got physical with them? Again, making this all up.
On domestic calls one party is often arrested even if a primary aggressor can't be determined and the "victim" is uncooperative.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

No news feeds the rumor mill. “Something” happened but it could range from A to Z.

Nobody was interviewed but they hauled someone away? Possible, but unlikely.

It seems strange, but Rosen said he interviewed people who were involved.

Hopefully just a little tussle over a game of Fortnite.

Questioning potential bias *may* be too much. It does suck to have spend time in "the cooler" no matter what your skin color.

I'm more concerned that the EOAA doesn't witch hunt another football player.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

It looks like we really do need someone to make a GH Jump to Conclusions mat...could cut threads like this to half the number of pages.
"I'M A PEOPLE PERSON, DAMNIT!!"

On domestic calls one party is often arrested even if a primary aggressor can't be determined and the "victim" is uncooperative.

Sure, make sense. But against gets back to begging the question ... who called them and why? Probably will never know, and this will blow over/go away.

Damn it feels good to be a gangsta ...
Awwwww......
7604787953129a938f4ce380c06a856f.gif

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

Not sure how you determine agressor and victim with no injuries

When you ask who started it and they point at each other, then the longest hesitation is who started.

If you have a big strong guy, and a smaller guy of average build who called the police, I'm guessing they take the bigger guy who didn't call the police.

If you have a big strong guy, and a smaller guy of average build who called the police, I'm guessing they take the bigger guy who didn't call the police.

Sounds about right even though it might not be

The victim is being fully cooperative with both the University investigation and law enforcement investigation.

This must be a case of roommate domestics gone bad. Who called the cops, neighbors?

It may be as simple as one roomy eating the other's stash of Cheetos to who knows one roomie being a Linus slob.

Goes back to the UMN EOAA office though. Which seems to have unlimited power. Because, you can almost make any kind of argument that anything anyone does can deprive you of an "equal opportunity to an education". Someone wears an offensive T-shirt? Deprived of equal opportunity. Someone spills a drink on you? Deprived of an equal opportunity. Etc

Obviously I'm exaggerating. But I'm doing it to make a point. Where is the line that bounds the EOAA's power and authority to suspend a student's status or even expel them? Because it doesn't matter if criminal charges or a civil case are ever brought ... you lose your student status, and you're done with the team.

Top Bottom