Doogie: RB Shannon Brooks was arrested, and here's the jail roster

Stupid. No one that I am aware of said it "wouldn't happen". There was and still a belief there would be less off the field issues. It remains to be seen if that will be the case but prior the this incident it does appear there have been less "incidents".

Not stupid. There were many here who said that, and there really haven't been fewer. Other than the one big incident, there were very few. PJ inherited a program where kids worked hard, went to class, and got good grades. He has kept that happening, and has built on it. Great! However, as he and his minions here often assert they are changing the culture in that area, that was one area he did not need to "change". That had been changed for him, and he has deepened that foundation, it appears, which is great.

My only thing is for those "fans" who think they are "better" fans than others because they are in the boat with the current coach, yet they were not with the previous regime, such as GWG and Face the Facts. They can't have it both ways. If you were going to have expectations for the previous coach that were unrealistic about student actions, then why would you not have the same expectations for the current coach?

And, I will point out for some of PJs minions who will come to his defense... please notice I have not criticized his coaching even once, win or lose, this fall, despite what you would like to believe. I have only criticized the ugly uniforms and helmets with the stupid oar, which should be open to criticism, but I have not called him out for how they have coached or played.

Last edited:

Not stupid. There were many here who said that, and there really haven't been fewer. Other than the one big incident, there were very few. PJ inherited a program where kids worked hard, went to class, and got good grades. He has kept that happening, and has built on it. Great! However, as he and his minions here often assert they are changing the culture in that area, that was one area he did not need to "change". That had been changed for him, and he has deepened that foundation, it appears, which is great.

My only thing is for those "fans" who think they are "better" fans than others because they are in the boat with the current coach, yet they were not with the previous regime, such as GWG and Face the Facts. They can't have it both ways. If you were going to have expectations for the previous coach that were unrealistic about student actions, then why would you not have the same expectations for the current coach?

And, I will point out for some of PJs minions who will come to his defense... please notice I have not criticized his coaching even once, win or lose, this fall, despite what you would like to believe. I have only criticized the ugly uniforms and helmets with the stupid oar, which should be open to criticism, but I have not called him out for how they have coached or played.

I bet your awesome in real life...

AMEN. I thought we all had learned to let the facts come out before assessing blame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You’d think. The usual suspects have already tried and convicted. Whenever there’s an arrest it obviously doesn’t look good, but we’ve seen time and again that the details are often far different than our initial worst fears.

You’d think. The usual suspects have already tried and convicted. Whenever there’s an arrest it obviously doesn’t look good, but we’ve seen time and again that the details are often far different than our initial worst fears.

Someone should make a Gophs FB Jump to Conclusions mat...

Sounds now like it was a roommate. Possibly a teammate?

It was always ludicrous to believe PJ would have a team of choir boys because of his role as a mentor and motivational speaker. I mean, that’s just downright painful ignorance of human nature. Human beings do stupid things despite the specter of prison time, loss of life and liberty, and general failure in life. Sometimes it’s alcohol or drugs leading to illegality, or behavioral problems, or unfixable psychiatric problems/criminality.

AMEN. I thought we all had learned to let the facts come out before assessing blame.

Also, lets not forget how our local media dumps all over the University of Minnesota every chance they get.

Another thing, this kid has been on campus for a number of years without an inkling of problematic issues. If you never got into a tussle with a roommate or friend of a roommate in college, you might want to go back. You missed something on the checklist.

Way too many variables to have a clue about what happened. Was it a shoving match - an out-and-out fight? was the roommate injured? what provoked the fight? was alcohol involved? are there any witnesses?

Maybe it's something serious. maybe it's a stupid argument that got out of hand. maybe it's two guys fighting over a girl. too many possibilities to list.

So for people saying Brooks is done - way too premature.

Doubling down on stupid. Well done.

Love to read all the idiots above assume he beat his girlfriend before any facts even come out. The worst type of people, they are the ones that spread false rumors and fake news

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Also, lets not forget how our local media dumps all over the University of Minnesota every chance they get.

Another thing, this kid has been on campus for a number of years without an inkling of problematic issues. If you never got into a tussle with a roommate or friend of a roommate in college, you might want to go back. You missed something on the checklist.

LOL. So true. Personally, I was good-natured pastor's kid back in the day, but still had multiple minor skirmishes in college like most other guys my age (almost always over a girl somehow). Thank goodness there wasn't social media and the litigous environment that exists today. Young people today have a tougher time just being human without the whole world knowing about it.

Flecks comments about this on the radio were interesting when he said "I'd like to comment but can't at this time". That could mean anything but it sounds positive maybe? OK maybe I'm just a homer..

Hello Title IX investigation, we've missed you...

A fight is one thing. An assault on a female, which is the usual case with a "domestic assault," is something else entirely. No room for that in any organization.

Yes, we need to see what the facts are. Once upon a time, I believe it was standard for the police to always arrest at least one person when called to a domestic. Don't know if that's still the case.

But I do know the image of a muscular, (near) professional athlete visiting violence upon a woman makes me sick. I doubt this ends well for Brooks.

JTG

Agree 100% on all your points. Well said!

A fight is one thing. An assault on a female, which is the usual case with a "domestic assault," is something else entirely. No room for that in any organization.

Yes, we need to see what the facts are. Once upon a time, I believe it was standard for the police to always arrest at least one person when called to a domestic. Don't know if that's still the case.

But I do know the image of a muscular, (near) professional athlete visiting violence upon a woman makes me sick. I doubt this ends well for Brooks.

JTG

You can forget about it involving a female.... It was an altercation / fight with a MALE roommate.
Highly unlikely Title IX will come into play....
Nothing good happens on the street after 2:30 am. If alcohol is involved, someone is leaving in cuffs.

DOMESTIC ASSAULT MINNEAPOLIS PD PROBABLE CAUSE PROB CAUSE

My guess is a girlfriend. My other guess, this means cops showed up and said girlfriend
had a black eye, etc.

I'm a innocent until proven guilty guy, as is our country.
But that's a legal stance, the University is a guilty until proven innocent type of
instituition with their judiciary committee 90% women.

So my final guess, he'll be kick out of school.

My guess is a girlfriend. My other guess, this means cops showed up and said girlfriend
had a black eye, etc.

But that's a legal stance, the University is a guilty until proven innocent type of

It's been established that the assault victim is a male roommate.

had a black eye, etc.

IT DOES NOT INVOLVE A FEMALE. IT INVOLVED A ****** MALE ROOMMATE******.!!!!

sorry for yelling.

tl;dr

I recall several stating or implying that- not like anyone is going to prove it by spending hours looking through ancient posts!

If there were several it shouldn’t be too hard to find one. I’ve seen at least a few posters go down this road and none yet have actually provided one linked post

If there were several it shouldn’t be too hard to find one. I’ve seen at least a few posters go down this road and none yet have actually provided one linked post

They are correct. Unsure how many or who said it. Perhaps the same ones that felt PJs extroverted star power would fill the stadium.

Agree 100% on all your points. Well said!

Always good to agree with and jump on rumor, innuendo, and untruths. It's the "lamerican" way.

"Domestic assault" means anyone who lives together or is family. Two brothers wrestling on the ground can be arrested...

A student-athlete under PJ did something wrong? Quite a few posters here said that wouldn’t happen now that we had a coach with high expectations. I was not one of them, and do not believe Thomas’ and now Brooks’ actions are PJs fault. I am not blaming PJ at all.

Yet, for those of you who wanted to blame previous staff for poor student actions off the field, you can’t have it both ways. Or, is your story changing now?

I don't think I ever said issues wouldn't ever happen.

My criticism of Claeys was well spelled out and it had more to do with the number of athletes involved in a single incident and Claeys inability to handle that situation correctly.

I believe so far PJ has handled this well, as well as how he's proactively worked with the players with "date night" and other proactive measures to educate student about domestic violence. I believe he has a nationally known speaker come in annually to address the team about this and who knows how many other measures.

Also, in this case, we need to see what the University does if this become a bigger issue with the ECAA or whatever it was called. Or maybe this doesn't apply.
I don't know.

Well, if you believe every accusation leveled against any person for any reason, then you make sense. Otherwise, your bias is showing.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

You can forget about it involving a female.... It was an altercation / fight with a MALE roommate.
Highly unlikely Title IX will come into play....
Nothing good happens on the street after 2:30 am. If alcohol is involved, someone is leaving in cuffs.
Even *if* it turns out they were non-platonic roommates? I'm sure the EOAA wants another shot at debating the football program.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom