10 teams on track to end droughts and make return to NCAA Tournament (#8. Minnesota)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per CBS:

8. MINNESOTA
Last NCAA appearance: 2017

Key nonconference opponents: vs. Washington (Nov. 21 in Vancouver), at Boston College (Nov. 26), vs. Oklahoma State (Nov. 30)

The Athletic posted a 28-voter panel of Big Ten beat writers who collectively predicted the league top to bottom for 2018-19. Stunningly, to me, Minnesota finished ninth. Yes, Minnesota went 15-17 last season and yes it only has one NCAA Tournament trip in five seasons under Richard Pitino. But Jordan Murphy and Amir Coffey are unquestionably two of the 10 best players in the Big Ten. The Golden Gophers are my sleeper pick to finish in the top three of the Big Ten in 2018-19. I think they're going to challenge for a No. 4 or No. 5 seed. I think good things are ahead. The nonconference schedule should have been a wee bit better.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-b...-their-return-to-the-ncaa-tournament-in-2019/

Go Gophers!!

I can't imagine Pitino going to a tournament every five years to be the norm going forward as long as the recruiting remains solid. Make a deep run this season and I think this program should be a major factor in the league for years to come.

Does a one year absence qualify as a drought?

Top Bottom