Way too far look ahead 9/4/2021

theUSDgopher

Reaction score
After the game today I am excited about the possibilities of opening the season at home vs Oh St in 2021. There is a great chance this game will get a lot of hype against 2 fairly highly ranked teams.

Our team will presumably look like (players currently on the team, bold already on depth chart):

Offense
QB - Annexstand Sr./ Morgan RSr
RB - Ibrahim RSr/ Williams Sr./ Edmunds RJr
WR - Bateman Sr./ Van Dyne RSr
WR - Autman Bell RSr./ Gibson RJr
WR - Douglas RSr/ Manns RJr
TE - Paulson RSr/ Spann Ford RJr

LT - Sassack RSr
LG - Dunlap RJr/ Beier RJr
C - Schmitz RSr/ Boe RJr
RG - Andries RSr
RT - Faalele Sr/ York RJr

Defense
R end - Mafe RSr/ Okonji RJr
DT - Teague Sr/ Robinson RSr
DT - Umlor RSr/ Hickcox RSr
DE - Otomewo RSr/ Reigelsperger RJr/ Ahanotu RJr

LB - Sori Marin RJr
LB - Rush RJr/ Guthrie RSr
LB - Oliver RJr

CB - T Smith Sr/ Estes RSr
CB - CJ Smith
CB - Harris RSr

S - Winfield 6th yr Sr/ Aune RJr
S - Sapp Sr/ Howden Sr

That does not even include the 2019 class which will be 3rd year players with certainly some starters mixed in, assuming we keep the class intact:

Who I'd guess has a good chance of being starter or in the 2 deep:
QB - Clark
RB - Potts
WR - Adim Madumere, Brown Stephens
OT - Guedet

DE - Bargy, Harris
DT - Anderson, Griffen
LB - Willis, Gordon, Williamson (?)
CB - Nubin, Brown
S - Robinson, Wiley (?)

What's really exciting is the fact that it appears the current staff knows how to build a roster and build depth. To me looks like needs will be OL and potentially a game changer RB plus fill in for whatever attrition we suffer. Seems like we're on an upward trajectory and the next several years look promising

Based on my projections I don't see another loss in my lifetime....

let's save this thread and see how many of the above players are still on the roster on 9/4/2021 for one reason or another.

Bateman and Faalele will be in the NFL by then, Morgan will have long since transferred...

Really maybe half of those players will be around, and not necessarily starting (Annexstad, for example).

I didn’t know the 2021 rankings were posted yet, much less that we are highly ranked in them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree it's all speculation and we're probably looking at ~50% accuracy, BUT having hope is what being a Gopher fan is all about...

Is there one of those whole stadium spectator interactive photos available for this game? I have a hunch I will be thinner and better looking in general.

I didn’t know the 2021 rankings were posted yet, much less that we are highly ranked in them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey!!!! Nice to hear your "voice" again! Go Gophers!

Bump. Obviously Covid year changed some things but the core of the team is there. And I was right about Ohio state being highly ranked. We should probably be ranked…

And I was right about Ohio state being highly ranked.
My five year old could have predicted this lol. No seriously you’re right though the core of what you saw back then is still here. I’m excited.

Top Bottom