***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT OHIO STATE IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

I'd have very few complaints about coaching today... a little with clock management and use of timeouts...

I don't love the small amount of progress that that ZA has shown so far. He needs a ton of work.

I'm really not sure how to feel about the game. It's great to see solid play all around but it's extremely frustrating to lose the turnover battle so badly, especially when that's a focus. Not to mention 2 missed kicks. We should have and would have won if we took care of the ball and possibly forced a turnover of our own. It's really frustrating to hear that we're struggling because it will take time to develop our talent but then see the talent play really well but lose because we couldn't hold onto the ball.

Also concerning to see no scoring outside of the first 3 drives. The offense didn't look horrible but it just couldn't get the job done.

After seeing today I think that there's a chance to beat Wisconsin and the rest of the schedule are games that we should be favored in.

OK you tell us - when and why are we permitted to question coaching decisions. Or is everything Fleck does above reproach, and no mortal is allowed to ask a question or raise a concern?

There has to be a middle ground between rip everything and praise everything.

I’ve only been here a couple of weeks and it seems there’s a few posters who say we’re trolls and have no life because we have a different opinion. Shrugs.

I don't love the small amount of progress that that ZA has shown so far. He needs a ton of work.

Yes, but his limitations are there for all to see, for the most part, the game plan was within his skill set. He will learn to look off defenders, and the long ball will improve. True freshman, age 18. Lots of upside.

Last edited:

Can we all agree now that maybe the defense isn't completely awful? They had a bad game against Maryland when they lost their captain, got put in bad situations against Iowa, and I think they played pretty damn solid today outside of two coverage busts.

I think if they had laid up little on trying to hit those deep routes we win. We haven’t hit one of those all year. Moving the ball otherwise. Then the missed FGs.

This one will hurt for awhile.

Team has to get over it and get ready for next week

Can we all agree now that maybe the defense isn't completely awful? They had a bad game against Maryland when they lost their captain, got put in bad situations against Iowa, and I think they played pretty damn solid today outside of two coverage busts.

The6 are definitely playing better. Guys are stepping up all over the field.

He’s an 18 year old true Freshman. Shut Up!

If he is making bad plays in two years you want him still starting?

It is okay for a freshman to make mistakes. It is also okay to say at some point those mistakes have to stop.

Wonder how many people in the NYC/NJ area are actually watching Rutgers football these days?
Thats only part if the equation. Just the ability to charge more for BTN in that market makes the conference big money, whether people watch or not.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

The thing is, it all goes on the record. Good plays, bad plays. Smart plays, dumb plays. Good decisions, head-scratching decisons. It's all on the resume. You can't cherry-pick the plays you like, and ignore the plays you didn't like.

Doesn’t take from then effort throughout the game. Things you can rip but the last series shouldn’t be one of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I can. That was a wave the white flag moment after a tough fight. The game wasn’t over. Why don’t you ban yourself?

Also concerning to see no scoring outside of the first 3 drives. The offense didn't look horrible but it just couldn't get the job done.

After seeing today I think that there's a chance to beat Wisconsin and the rest of the schedule are games that we should be favored in.

Yes, we do have trouble finishing. We finished just 3 yards short of 400 against OSU, though. That's our second best yardage output this year.

I don't think we'll be favored in all of the next five games but I think we have a fair chance to win any, but probably not all, of them.

It’s fair to say the team showed enough today that we should expect to win every week. Overall impressed. Some things were learned today.

Thats only part if the equation. Just the ability to charge more for BTN in that market makes the conference big money, whether people watch or not.

Piscataway is a whore! Piscataway is a whore! Piscataway is a whore!

If he is making bad plays in two years you want him still starting?

It is okay for a freshman to make mistakes. It is also okay to say at some point those mistakes have to stop.

ZA5 plays well for a tFr, for the most part - but you are right in that one would have to be crazy to not wonder about his ceiling unless his long ball improves a lot. It is simply atrocious at this point.

Yes, I can. That was a wave the white flag moment after a tough fight. The game wasn’t over. Why don’t you ban yourself?

Ban myself? The game was over. The Gophers were not coming back.

The amount of time the same posters over and over again trying to find reasons to rip Fleck is hilarious.

I think its it’s fair to be frustrated over all those run calls in a 2 score game. Chances were slim, but go down swinging please. Great work up front but yeah, that felt odd at the end shaking hands with :15 left and the ball.

Ban myself? The game was over. The Gophers were not coming back.

The amount of time the same posters over and over again trying to find reasons to rip Fleck is hilarious.

Look, Fleck, just like this team, is young. He makes a lot of stupid mistakes. Our play calls come in late all-the-time, that's on the coaching staff. It's okay to criticize him for it.

Look, Fleck, just like this team, is young. He makes a lot of stupid mistakes. Our play calls come in late all-the-time, that's on the coaching staff. It's okay to criticize him for it.

I get ripping the coaching staff for plays that appear to come in late a number of times per game. Trying to say the team didn’t go down with a fight because of the last series of the game is ridiculous.

Last edited:

Do you know for a fact that they charge more for the Big Ten Network in the NYC area? I don't know much about the industry but I would think that station deals with cable, satellite, and streaming programs (like Playstation VUE) are national. I don't think there is a huge demand for PAC 12 and SEC networks in MN but we get them anyway.

Do you know for a fact that they charge more for the Big Ten Network in the NYC area? I don't know much about the industry but I would think that station deals with cable, satellite, and streaming programs (like Playstation VUE) are national.
Yes, they are national deals and the cable, satellite providers charge customers more in Big Ten markets and/or make it available on regular service levels rather than exclusively on digial or sports packages. That's where the BTN makes money -- people who aren't watching it are still paying for it. Cord cutting is going to change the math in the future, though.

Yes, they are national deals and the cable, satellite providers charge customers more in Big Ten markets and/or make it available on regular service levels rather than exclusively on digial or sports packages. That's where the BTN makes money -- people who aren't watching it are still paying for it. Cord cutting is going to change the math in the future, though.

Thanks for the info.

Zack’s composure and pass on the trick play was very good. He didn’t have any time to set his feet and got a good pass off. I agree that the last series was kind of deflating but I hope the team takes away that they can compete and win any of the rest of the games.

I'm not disappointed, but more sad. I wasn't expecting to be in this game, at all, but I'm sad because this game could have been a lot closer if not even a Gopher win.

Top Bottom