***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT OHIO STATE IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

That was a solid half.... remove the turnovers, and get the officials to make accurate calls, and its a ballgame.

Really smart play by the guy on the end of the line to draw that false start. Not sure who it was, but well done

What kind of football is that? You're down 3 with the ball and 3 minutes left... so you run the ball 7 times in a row? That's being happy just being 3 points down instead of actually trying to do something about it. Maybe you don't understand football?
They've been gashing the Ohio defense all day. Running is the right call there.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Douglas cannot run that out of the end zone. You just can’t make those kind of mental mistakes. Those are simple ones to avoid that can cause big problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What kind of football is that? You're down 3 with the ball and 3 minutes left... so you run the ball 7 times in a row? That's being happy just being 3 points down instead of actually trying to do something about it. Maybe you don't understand football?

This isn't the NFL. They already have two turnovers and were deep in their own territory. They've been running the ball well. Run the clock and see if you can break a run. If not, run the time down and avoid another turnover. That's what they should have done and that's what they did.

Unable to watch until the 2nd half, can only listen. How is the big fella holding up?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

That was a solid half.... remove the turnovers, and get the officials to make accurate calls, and its a ballgame.

Yep. Maybe our best half of the season. The sharpest offense of any half in the season. Unfortunately the defense doesn't have enough seasoned bodies to keep up when they throw the ball.

I’m not super optimistic about this one ending well, but I sure am excited about the idea of our 760 pound IMG side of the line plowing holes for a couple grown grad students next year against the fat middle of the league.

Mo is getting 7.5 yards per carry. It would be stupid NOT to run the ball

Love it that CC has to jump up and down to get the zebras to finally throw the flag. Still, we played a good 1/2 .

This was totally glossed over, but that was a ludicrous call that could've been very costly

I always love when they review those calls on replay and the announcers try to say here’s where the penalty occurred and they just have to try compensate for a totally missed call

Why don't you just leave.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Why don't you?

They really haven't able to stop the offense... the only thing is we've been stopping ourselves with turn overs. You guys are all delusional if you think playing conservative is going to win this game.

I’m not super optimistic about this one ending well, but I sure am excited about the idea of our 760 pound IMG side of the line plowing holes for a couple grown grad students next year against the fat middle of the league.

Well, look at it this way. Virtually no one would have counted this one as a possible win at any time before or during this season and this wasn't one we needed to win. We're a 29.5 point underdog. If we score 10 and they score 21 in the second half, we'll lose 38-24 which is 15.5 points below the spread and better than anyone other than Penn State and TCU managed to do against them.

Why don't you?

They really haven't able to stop the offense... the only thing is we've been stopping ourselves with turn overs. You guys are all delusional if you think playing conservative is going to win this game.

So we should risk another turnover deep in our own territory right before halftime? 17-14 is much better than 24-14.

Why don't you?

I’m with you. We are not going to win playing conservative. It also seems we are not able to express our opinions without backlash from the Lynch mob.

With the start of the second half, do the officials switch to favoring the Gophers?

So we should risk another turnover deep in our own territory right before halftime? 17-14 is much better than 24-14.

Exactly. Needed 2-3 big plays just to get into FG range. 100% agree with running as we’d hit quite a few of those and it’s low risk. You get out to the 35 or 40 and you can consider opening up

Well, look at it this way. Virtually no one would have counted this one as a possible win at any time before or during this season and this wasn't one we needed to win. We're a 29.5 point underdog. If we score 10 and they score 21 in the second half, we'll lose 38-24 which is 15.5 points below the spread and better than anyone other than Penn State and TCU managed to do against them.

So with another moral victory, I have them with a record of 3-1-2. Three wins, one lose, two moral victories.

Why don't you?

The main part of our offense they haven’t been able to stop is when we run the ball

That was a very encouraging half. I like the intensity our players have. Like others have said we've forced fourth downs, have given up turnovers, fighting refs, and missing more defensive players, and we're right in the game. We'll likely wear down and Urban will run up the score to make up for the first half and try to impress the committee. But the Gophs are much improved this game. GO GOOHERS!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You act like it's a given...? Thus my "Then why not just forfeit at half time so we only lose by 3?"

I’m with you. We are not going to win playing conservative. It also seems we are not able to express our opinions without backlash from the Lynch mob.

Yep, trust me, I'm happy how we've played. And I know the run is helping a lot, but to win, we will have to give it everything. Heck, OSU's mentality was "hey let's drive and try to score before half time." Ours was "hey let's try not to make a mistake." And they still almost scored.

Gophers need to get fortunate with some turnovers/takeaways. Makes it much more difficult if osu doesn’t turn it over a time or two.

Obviously Minny needs to protect the ball much better. Can’t panic and make stupid decisions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom