Excitement level for Gophers @ tOSU

UpAndUnder43

Reaction score
Honestly, and this is rare, I'm not really looking forward to this game. Even games I expect the Gophers to lose, I get pretty fired up for.

Someone give me a reason to be excited by 11am tomorrow.

Watch Faalele road grade for Seth Green and the boys. Even if he’s not used to dealing with an elite speed rush (he seems to move pretty damn well though) he’s going to be a rampaging elephant in the run game. I’m fascinated to see what happens in regards to that.

Well probably have to cover our eyes at times, but never say never as far as an entertaining game. Anything can (and has) happened.

I understand what you're saying. Usually, you always think the Gophers have a punchers chance in a game. Very rarely have I ever gone in figuring there was zero shot (Wisconsin last year was one such game). But this one kind of has the same feeling.

At the same time, I think I'm pretty realistic about what the Gophers are right now. I will always tune in & watch, cheer, and hopefully they're a better team for it.

At the same time, I wouldn't mind making the Buckeye faithful sweat a little bit....

Excited to see what our passing game can do. I am not expecting a close game but I would like to see some pass and catches from the young offense.
On defense limiting the big plays and if OSU punts 5 time I will be happy

tenor.gif

I am excited to see our offense. Not excited for the defense. Faalele could be a real treat to watch and is easy to find!

I am excited to see our offense. Not excited for the defense. Faalele could be a real treat to watch and is easy to find!

It really is amazing how big he looks out there next to guys that would otherwise look big.

I am committed to limiting my beers to 2 before Noon regardless of the game results to that point...after that, well...hoping those will be beers of joy but not counting on them being so.

I’m excited to see the improvement with the changes to the offensive line. And I’m excited to watch Gopher football. I may be negative and skeptical at times, but in the end I’m always going to be a fan and cheer for the Gophers.

I’m excited to see the improvement with the changes to the offensive line. And I’m excited to watch Gopher football. I may be negative and skeptical at times, but in the end I’m always going to be a fan and cheer for the Gophers.

I think we will take a beating but if we cover the spread and limit the embarrassing mistakes that will be OK. I hope they over achieve and give us hope for the future.

Honestly, and this is rare, I'm not really looking forward to this game. Even games I expect the Gophers to lose, I get pretty fired up for.

Someone give me a reason to be excited by 11am tomorrow.

Sorry you feel this way. I'm looking forward to it.

I think the Gophers certainly have the talent to put a scare into the Buckeyes, but to win they'd also have to outfox them coaching-wise, and I have no confidence that this staff is capable of doing that at this point.

My strategy is to listen to the game on the radio while I get various fall and other chores done.

Of course I'll DVR it too so I can watch at my leisure any parts worth watching.

Also of course I'm hopeful that things are going so great that I have to get to the TV from that point forward...

Go Gophers!

I'm watching with the hope that we cover the spread and that we see some nice playing from our freshmen/young players. I just want to feel like we've gotten back on our feet after the tumbles we took against iowa and maryland.

Until ZA gets healthy we are just playing at half speed. Hope it turns out better than we are all expecting.

I have no expectation of anything remotely good happening tomorrow.

Then again, expectations were low for the night game last time down there and Leidner and the Defense had MN in the game deep in the second half 14-21.

I never thought we would win, but we were in the game for a very long time, and the same thing happened that same year in Iowa City vs. the 12-0 Iowa Team.

I think we will take a beating but if we cover the spread and limit the embarrassing mistakes that will be OK. I hope they over achieve and give us hope for the future.

That's the way I feel, too. We have a 29.5 pt. spread and nothing to lose. If we lose by 42-21, we don't look so bad. If we lose 42-27, we actually look pretty good. That and watching Faleale of course.

I've been through almost forty years of watching Gopher football, so it is difficult to overcome the memories of all that hope dashed on the rocks. But I'm foolish enough to keep the ember of hope stoked.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Well, put it this way...I'm at work until 2:00PM. Have it recording at home. I'll check the score after the 1st Q, and that will determine if I even get comfortable to watch it when I get back. I'm not feeling really optimistic. But crazier things have happened.

Well, put it this way...I'm at work until 2:00PM. Have it recording at home. I'll check the score after the 1st Q, and that will determine if I even get comfortable to watch it when I get back. I'm not feeling really optimistic. But crazier things have happened.

I'm also at work until 2, i'm just going to stream it though so I can see the demise then turn it off and go back to work.

I'm also at work until 2, i'm just going to stream it though so I can see the demise then turn it off and go back to work.
I hear both of your situations. My daughter has a volleyball tournament that starts at 11:30, so I'll be checking on my phone to see if I should watch any of my recording of the game.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

get out without an injury is all I am hoping for

the other thing that should be pointed out is that for a young team its a point to strive for. If we want to be the best looking across the line at OSU should be a great teaching lesson

you want to play the best to be the best. Know how much harder you need to work to get to the level of competing with the big boys and pulling off upsets

Top Bottom