Ten teams back in the dance - MN, Indiana, and Nebraska included

gopherguy15

Reaction score
Norlander is all-in on the Gophers this year...

8. Minnesota

Last NCAA appearance: 2017

Key nonconference opponents: vs. Washington (Nov. 21 in Vancouver), at Boston College (Nov. 26), vs. Oklahoma State (Nov. 30)

The Athletic posted a 28-voter panel of Big Ten beat writers who collectively predicted the league top to bottom for 2018-19. Stunningly, to me, Minnesota finished ninth. Yes, Minnesota went 15-17 last season and yes it only has one NCAA Tournament trip in five seasons under Richard Pitino. But Jordan Murphy and Amir Coffey are unquestionably two of the 10 best players in the Big Ten. The Golden Gophers are my sleeper pick to finish in the top three of the Big Ten in 2018-19. I think they're going to challenge for a No. 4 or No. 5 seed. I think good things are ahead. The nonconference schedule should have been a wee bit better.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-b...-their-return-to-the-ncaa-tournament-in-2019/

A lot of love from the CBS guys. Gary Parrish has the Gophers as a sleeper to win the conference as well. While the non-conference probably hurts us in March I think it will end up helping us going into conference play as this is a team that needs to build up its confidence a bit. Hopefully Isaiah can string together a couple good games in that time to get him going. Definitely will be an interesting season. Can’t wait for the scrimmage

A lot of love from the CBS guys. Gary Parrish has the Gophers as a sleeper to win the conference as well. While the non-conference probably hurts us in March I think it will end up helping us going into conference play as this is a team that needs to build up its confidence a bit. Hopefully Isaiah can string together a couple good games in that time to get him going. Definitely will be an interesting season. Can’t wait for the scrimmage
It'll depend I think now that RPI doesn't really matter, if they 4-1 against Utah, Okie state, BC, A&M and Washington, they should be fine. Adding the two extra conference games should even out the fact that we play Rutgers and Illinois twice. Beating Washington and getting a road win at BC would be huge

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom