2017 frosh AllAmerican leaving Illini

swingman

Reaction score

What’s the deal with him ??? Can he now transfer to his choice now??? If so we could use em..

From the link:

Williams posted a statement on his Twitter account on Thursday morning, confirming he is no longer a part of the Illinois football program.

"A part of growing up is realizing that sometimes relationships don't work out," Williams wrote on Twitter. "I'm sad to say that I'm no longer a part of the University of Illinois football team. I take full responsibility for my actions that contributed to this and I'm sorry that we couldn't make it work."

Illinois sports information director Kent Brown said Thursday morning Smith declined comment on Williams' dismissal.

Williams, a 6-foot, 205-pound California native, began the 2018 season suspended for three games, the result of a team rules violation. Williams returned in the Sept. 21 home game against Penn State and played briefly before not traveling to last week’s road game versus Rutgers.

Williams did not elaborate in his Twitter post what might have caused his dismissal from the team.

Top Bottom