Andrew Michael: Will the Gophers be better or worse this year?

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the link:

Minnesota Golden Gophers

The Case For Better: Last year Minnesota was picked by most people to finish in the top three of the Big Ten. They finished in the bottom three. Off the court, there was the Reggie Lynch situation. Even if the Gophers are still in the dumpster this year, that’s better than last year’s dumpster fire. And they still have Jordan Murphy.

The Case For Worse: It would take the following: Eric Curry re-tears his ACL, the FBI begins investigating Jordan Murphy’s recruitment, and Richard Pitino’s randomly creating another scandal, but this time for Minnesota. Even then the Gophers probably win more than four Big Ten games.

https://www.btpowerhouse.com/2018/1...ichigan-state-minnesota-nebraska-northwestern

Go Gophers!!

If the Gophers are worse than last year, there will be some Dan Monson-esque type crowds (think Clemson, his last game). But that’s not happening.

We will equal last year's total wins in conference by game 7 if we stay healthy.

2 seasons before that.

I don't know. In the latter part of last season, I'd say it was a tie. The difference in 2015-16, of course, is that we were bad for the entire season instead of just half of it.

I don't know. In the latter part of last season, I'd say it was a tie. The difference in 2015-16, of course, is that we were bad for the entire season instead of just half of it.

Good point. Certainly, both were miserable for different reasons. One common denominator was tomfoolery off the court. For starters let's have a season with no off-court issues, and take it from there.

They will if they are and they won't if there not.

Top Bottom