Crossroads?

A lot of patience is required in a program that is difficult to recruit to until recently. Let's give PJ Fleck his five or six years. I honestly think it will take that long. This year, losing some key players early on to injuries is just plain unfortunate. I see glimpses of possibilities here and there. But, I also see a lot of areas that need improvements.

I think that next year we will see a better offensive line which is key to launching any offense and protecting Annexstad. They need development, experience, and maturity on the young players. So, on that note there is actually a lot to be optimistic about. We have and athletic administration that is committed to success.

Let's hope that he can stay for the long haul. Real program stability comes with coaching and athletic administration stability. We can't muster any success in the football program when we have five coaching changes in so many years.

It is no accident that Wisconsin, Iowa, and Northwestern have winning programs. That has a lot to do with having a stable culture, a system and/or coaches that has longevity.

Last edited:

I still have faith and love the culture her is building.

I'm getting impatient with the feeling that we aren't competing with Big Ten teams better, but it's still early this season.

But what really sucks is this is the year we should be improving over last season, but our defense which is older, doesn't seem to be as strong as we had hoped. And we lost 3 of our top 5 players who will now all be back next year.
So that makes me think next year could be a nice bump, but how the heck do you know we're not going to have the same injuries again.

By 2020 however, at that point you have 3 years of recruits, so you should have enough players to supplant the Jr's and Sr's who weren't good for your system, who you didn't like, or who kept getting hurt.

Still hard to be patient though when you're not getting those "almost beat X" games against great opponents or a "We beat a good team" in the second year.

Something I have been thinking about lately is I feel this program is at some kind of crossroad with Fleck if he doesn't workout long term, but can't really put my finger on it. Just seeing what's happened since Mason was let go, with the Brewster disaster and Kills health issues we are now with our 3rd head coach since TCF opened. I do think Fleck will be gone even if he succeeds here, it will create to many opportunities for him to not go elsewhere.

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

What do you think about 2021? I’m really curious to know what will happen that year. I’m very worried about it, in fact, I’m at a crossroads. I’m really worried about this program. What should I do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What do you think about 2021? I’m really curious to know what will happen that year. I’m very worried about it, in fact, I’m at a crossroads. I’m really worried about this program. What should I do?

I would suggest you seek counseling

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

I would suggest Colon cleanse, some meditation and eating an Apple a day for three weeks for increased fiber. This should erase Gopher Football anxiety futurosa

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Top Bottom