Gophers receive a PWO commitment from River Falls QB Logan Graetz

DanielHouse

Reaction score
The Gophers have received a preferred walk-on commitment from River Falls, Wis. quarterback Logan Graetz. He has completed 70.4 percent of his passes for 1,663 yards and 25 touchdowns in 2018. Out of 142 total attempts, Graetz has tossed just two interceptions. He was previously committed to North Dakota State, but has flipped to Minnesota. Graetz has an intriguing 6-foot-4, 190-pound frame and arm strength as a pocket passer. With a focus on mechanics and technique, he could develop into a serviceable player.

Graetz has been stretching the field at all levels in the Big Rivers Conference and is averaging 11.7 yards per attempt. His accuracy and decision-making stand out on the stat sheet as he is committing a low number of turnovers with a high yards per attempt figure. In his film, you'll notice he has quite a bit of arm strength to make throws at all levels. Within the clips below, pay close attention to the game-winning touchdown pass in the Hudson game. Watch how he throws on the run (against his body) and keeps his eyes down the field. He delivers the pass with zip and changes his launch angle to get the ball out. Throughout the film, Graetz shows the ability to extend plays, while fitting the football into some tight windows. Pay close attention to the :35-49 mark and the touch/accuracy he displays on the deep passes.

I recently talked with a coach who has consistently schemed against Graetz in the past. He has been impressed with his progression as a player and isn’t surprised he is receiving more interest during his senior campaign. I grew up near the Big Rivers Conference and he is well-regarded in football circles throughout that area.

<iframe src='//www.hudl.com/embed/video/3/6580786/5ba001145b47b9055cdda327' width='640' height='360' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:

Welcome Logan! Excited for you to come and compete at QB. Those are some impressive stats...70+% passing percentage as a high schooler? Wow!

Welcome Logan, this gut could be a real find for the Gophers! SKI U MAH.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

I mean, don't get me wrong, that first throw had a great over-the-top release, but that receiver (#21) is running some killer routes. If he has the measurables then the Gophers might want to give that guy a look too.

Last edited:

Since when does a walk-on quarterback even have a chance to play?

God help us if this kid plays QB for the Gophers. At 6'4" 190 he needs to put on 40 pounds and get him to the TE position as soon as possible. Those highlights and that release just don't translate into a BIG QB.

I don’t see anything wrong with his release, but he needs some serious S&C program to get to 225. If he gets there, could be a good prospect. He wasn’t going to get time in front of Lance and Hotch at NDSU, I’m sure he’ll be buried on the depth chart in MN too. Being a PWO is a tough road.

Last edited:

His mechanics are kind of funky, but he appears to have a strong arm, nice size and decent athleticism. Welcome aboard!

I think the release is fine, his lower half is what needs some work. He doesn't do a great job of driving through his throws. Using more of his lower half will up his arm strength, which isn't bad right now. For a walk-on, you look for measurements that you hope to get the most out of or high effort guys like Cashman that you know will bring it everyday.

Other than he never sets his feet when he passes and doesn’t carry out his fakes, he looks to be a better than average high school quarterback. Certain will be a challenge for the “QB whisperer”.

145 QBR leads WI. 28 TD passed leads WI. 71.3% C9mpletion % is tops amongst any QBs with any decent amount of passes. All in what many consider one of the best conferences in the state. Also he played after halftime in maybe half his games....kids a stud and he isnt 190 anymore either. At least 20 lbs heavier.

Wisconsin QB Graetz recommits to NDSU after 'eventful' last couple of months

He had committed to coming to Fargo as part of the Class of 2019.

Then the River Falls, Wisconsin quarterback heard from the University of Minnesota. PJ Fleck wanted Graetz to come to Minneapolis as a preferred walk-on. Graetz then decided to de-commit from NDSU and head to Minnesota and play in the Big Ten.

Little did Graetz know, that was just the beginning of his recruiting odyssey. Even though he had already committed, schools were still talking to Graetz.

"Both schools were offering a preferred walk-on spot, who wouldn't choose an FBS school so close to home, but once NDSU came back into the picture with a scholarship, that kind of changed my mind on Minnesota and the offer from UND, that's when things heated up for me. " Graetz said.

The University of North Dakota was in need of a quarterback for its recruiting class after losing a commit to Texas State. They officially offered Graetz on January 16th.

https://www.inforum.com/sports/foot...-to-NDSU-after-eventful-last-couple-of-months

Go Gophers!!

Might be a better shot for him to the NFL. Good luck kid!

Top Bottom