STrib: 5 biggest Wisconsin teams are as good or better than Minnesota counterparts

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per RandBall:

This was not my idea, nor do I bring this news to you lightly or with any perverse pleasure. But having had this notion brought to me, and now having thought about it, this unfortunate reality is now mine to present to you: In the five biggest sports in which Wisconsin and Minnesota teams compete against each other, Cheeseheads have an overwhelming edge in bragging rights right now.

I would dare say that Wisconsin teams are as good (and usually better), in fact, than each of their five Minnesota counterparts — a testament to how quickly things have changed in some cases. Let’s go case by case:

Badgers vs. Gophers men’s basketball: Here’s where a Minnesota team could make up some significant ground this year. The Badgers missed the NCAA tournament for the first time in forever last season and might be no better than middle-of-the-pack this year. The Gophers were disappointing a year ago, but a return to good health and an influx of talent could mean big things this year. For now, though, give Wisconsin the edge.

http://www.startribune.com/the-five...better-than-minnesota-counterparts/496651661/

Go Gophers!!

This is just extremely false. Wolves > Bucks. Packers are 1-3-1. Brewers are FINALLY not a joke. What a Hail Mary for views.

This is just extremely false. Wolves > Bucks. Packers are 1-3-1. Brewers are FINALLY not a joke. What a Hail Mary for views.

Green Bay is actually 2-2-1 tied for 2nd in the NFC North with Minnesota, behind Chicago.

What a stupid article. The Vikings clearly are better than the Packers. Have been for the last four years. Also, comparing the Bucks or any decent East team to the Wolves is misleading... the NBA West is a completely different league and it’s fair to say the wolves or any other west team would challenge for the title in the east. Gophers are better in hockey, and WI doesn’t even have a pro hockey team. Also I think gopher bb is better than WI this year.

The brewers are better at this moment, but that was not the case as recently as last year and I think will not be the case next year.

Gopher fb is the only team clearly inferior.

What is the point of writing an article in a Minnesota paper that bashes all of sports teams and questionably claims a neighboring state is better! He should be fired on the spot! What fans of the hometown teams will pay any money to read this crap. Great move for readership.... a prime example of lazy sports reporting in this town. Do they actually want no readers of their paper?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

typical garbage star tribune writer going out of his way to undermine minnesota sports at any opportunity. why people pay to read that glorified toilet paper with print is beyond me

Last year Vikings - Twins - and timberwolves were better than Wisconsin counterparts. Gopher bb was positioned well but had too many injuries, but despite that we took 3 Of 5. 4 of 6 with gopher hockey. Just a bad article.

Top Bottom