STrib: 5 biggest Wisconsin teams are as good or better than Minnesota counterparts

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per RandBall:

This was not my idea, nor do I bring this news to you lightly or with any perverse pleasure. But having had this notion brought to me, and now having thought about it, this unfortunate reality is now mine to present to you: In the five biggest sports in which Wisconsin and Minnesota teams compete against each other, Cheeseheads have an overwhelming edge in bragging rights right now.

I would dare say that Wisconsin teams are as good (and usually better), in fact, than each of their five Minnesota counterparts — a testament to how quickly things have changed in some cases. Let’s go case by case:

Badgers vs. Gophers football: One team has an outside chance still of winning a national title. The other hasn’t won a game in this rivalry since 2003. I think you probably know which is which.

http://www.startribune.com/the-five...better-than-minnesota-counterparts/496651661/

Go Gophers!!

Articles like this have me all:

npa5yMn.gif

I will never cheer for the Brewers to win the World Series. I love it that Minnesota has championships in MLB and NCAAF and they have none. Let them suck on that.

per RandBall:

This was not my idea, nor do I bring this news to you lightly or with any perverse pleasure. But having had this notion brought to me, and now having thought about it, this unfortunate reality is now mine to present to you: In the five biggest sports in which Wisconsin and Minnesota teams compete against each other, Cheeseheads have an overwhelming edge in bragging rights right now.

I would dare say that Wisconsin teams are as good (and usually better), in fact, than each of their five Minnesota counterparts — a testament to how quickly things have changed in some cases. Let’s go case by case:

Badgers vs. Gophers football: One team has an outside chance still of winning a national title. The other hasn’t won a game in this rivalry since 2003. I think you probably know which is which.

http://www.startribune.com/the-five...better-than-minnesota-counterparts/496651661/

Go Gophers!!

what?

He forgot Wild vs ...[emoji848]

He forgot Gopher baseball vs ...[emoji848]

He forgot Gopher hockey vs Vadger hockey

I could go on and on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cherry picking sports rivalries to write a Minnesota-bashing article in a Minnesota newspaper. This happens because idiots keep clicking the links, thus supporting these garbage columnists. Stop clicking links, and stop encouraging others to do so by posting that garbage here.

Wisconsin does have a lot more yellow, gelatinous livers as well...

The Vikings are 4-1-1 in the last 6 against the Packers, and have won 2 of the last 3 division titles. But yes, let's make the argument that the Packers are "as good".

If you are talking about sports that is one thing otherwise there is no comparison and Minnesota is the hands down winner. If you were to examine this more in detail you would also find out that alcohol is the dominant feature. At least 70 percent of the people are hammered and if you asked them the score of the game they would have no idea what you are talking about. If you were to go to a game in Wisconsin you would find that Camp Randall is falling down and Miller Park is a dump. Green Bay is in the middle of nowhere, Madison is very overrated, and Milwaukee is one big ghetto.

Go Gophers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Brewers-Twins rivalry changed forever when the Brewers moved into the National League. (which was 20 years ago - damn, time flies)

When the Twins and Brewers played each other more often, it was a real rivalry. Those were fun games at the old Met Stadium back in the 70's. Then when Molitor went to the Brewers, I didn't want to root against an ex-Gopher, but I did not like the Brewers - especially after one of the Brewers messed up Carew's knee with a take-out slide at 2nd base.

The Vikings are 4-1-1 in the last 6 against the Packers, and have won 2 of the last 3 division titles. But yes, let's make the argument that the Packers are "as good".

But Aaron Rodgers automagically makes them awesome even without any other good players, or so people think. :rolleyes: Packers will go for a huge franchise tailspin post-Rodgers unless they get lucky yet again.

It most be depressing to live in a state where everyone has to get S...faced drunk just to make it through the day! Wisconsin must lead the country in bars per stop sign ? ratio for small towns.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It most be depressing to live in a state where everyone has to get S...faced drunk just to make it through the day! Wisconsin must lead the country in bars per stop sign �� ratio for small towns.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

More bars than churches I hear.

Cherry picking sports rivalries to write a Minnesota-bashing article in a Minnesota newspaper. This happens because idiots keep clicking the links, thus supporting these garbage columnists. Stop clicking links, and stop encouraging others to do so by posting that garbage here.

this times a gazillion. Havent we won the border battle for like the last ten years or something?

Top Bottom